Soupy Norman (2 Viewers)

The boggers episode is great. And I loved yer man explaining about the dangers of Dublin in the first one. "The straz" was also a highlight. Ahh howreya Soupy...

The dad and the grandad drinking shots of malt vinegar had me falling off the couch. Same episode had the boggers on the Dublin building site - "this fella's all about his leather jacket."

Some episodes were good, others were absymal.

I can't listen to Pat Kenny anymore now because I think he's going to start talking about Soupy Norman.

The Late Late show special was class.

"Sit there"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All over the world, people are happy. Happy in the knowledge that they have found their sun, their moon, their guiding star.

Thank you Soupy.

one of my fave soupy scenes is when esther from buttevant goes into that office and yer one behind the desk starts bitching about her because she's a culchie

no - 8 one-off episodes and a christmas special. think they first aired last year. all up on youtube though thankfully.

wish they'd make a few more!

Vodafone Comedy Carnival new acts added.

Edinburgh Fringe Best Newcomer Award Winner – Sofie Hagen
Octogenarian - Lynn Ruth Miller
The Return Of Cult Classic “Soupy Norman” presented by Barry Murphy
& Superb Stand-Up from Alison Spittle, Robbie Bonham, Donal Vaughan, John O'Hare and Declan Brennan

With several shows selling out already and less than three weeks to go to the start, Vodafone Comedy Carnival has added more acts to what is already a very impressive line-up. Festival Director Kevin Healy said "Sometimes you get offered an act that is so weirdly wonderful that you just know it belongs in Galway. Take Lynn Ruth Miller for instance. An 81 year old who has been doing stand-up comedy since she was 71. Lynn is currently the oldest performing stand-up comedian on both sides of the Atlantic. She’s written 15 books, has two Masters and even made Simon Cowell laugh on Britain’s Got Talent. It’s great to have the big names like Dylan Moran, Nina Conti and Jason Manford but variety is the spice of life."

Lynn will play at the Roisin Dubh’s new weekly comedy night Roisin Dubh Comedy Clubh (which sounds better than it reads) on Friday October 23rd. The Steve Bennett hosted gig has just announced it’s full line up which features the very racy Tanyalee Davis, bizarre bickering musical act The Two Johns and this year’s recipient of the very prestigious Edinburgh Best Newcomer award Sofie Hagen. Her show, Bubblewrap, garnered five star reviews during a month long Edinburgh run and left audiences helpless with laughter. It deals with themes of innocence and coming of age while being handicapped by a singular devotion to Westlife. Sofie plays on Saturday 24th Oct. The Clubh runs for four nights during the festival from Thursday 22nd to Sunday 25th Oct.

Regardless of age, fame or genre, comedy boils down to is it funny? Humour is subjective but by any standard, Soupy Norman is hilarious. This redubbed Polish Soap opera was a massive cult hit for its co-creator Barry Murphy in 2007 and the Vodafone Comedy Carnival are bringing it back. Barry is going to introduce all eight, ten minute episodes upstairs in Roisin Dubh on Wednesday Oct 21st at 9pm. This is part of the Roisin Dubh’s hugely popular “I can’t believe you haven’t seen it” series. This surreal, absurdist and truly brilliant mash-up is getting its first public outing in years and entry is completely free.

It is the happy responsibility of every comedy club and festival to give stage time to new, up and coming and improving acts. As the home of stand-up comedy in Galway, Roisin Dubh has joined forces with Comedy Cocktails to do just that and on Tuesday 20th October you can enjoy the superb line-up of Alison Spittle, Robbie Bonham, Donal Vaughan, John O'Hare and Declan Brennan all for the princely sum of a fiver which includes a free pint and entry to Silent Disco afterwards.

Watch out for a special Vodafone Comedy Carnival 24 page supplement free in every copy of tomorrow’s (Fri 2nd) Irish Independent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back