675g parsnips, chopped
1 tsp ground coriander seeds
1 tsp ground cumin seeds
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1.2 litres vegetable stock
salt and black pepper

*150ml single cream (optional)

Melt the butter with the oil in a large heavy-based pan and add the chopped onion and parsnips. Sweat them for 5 minutes, without allowing them to colour. Stir in the spices and cook gently for another 2 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the parsnips are quite tender. Allow to cool slightly, season and mash (I like mine a bit chunky so I don't puree) Serve with some chopped coriander.

*This recipe also could have 150ml of single cream but I never put it in. I think it's nicer on its own but if you do add it, do it after you mash/puree.

This looks good and wicked easy

I might throw in some ginger/lemongrass/chili depending on how it goes

Chicken and coriander soup

Ingredients
  • 2 leeks, washed and chopped
  • 2 onions, peeled and chopped
  • Big knob butter (about 25g)
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 1/2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
  • 2 big bunches fresh coriander (about 50g)
  • 4 chicken breasts, skinned and diced

Method
In a large saucepan on a medium heat, sweat the leeks, onions and garlic in the butter until they’re soft – about 10 minutes. Add the stock and the coriander and blitz with a blender until smooth. Add the raw (or cooked) diced chicken and poach gently until cooked (or if already cooked, till warmed through) – again, about 10 minutes. Serve with some crusty sourdough.

I made a big pot yesterday, I will be eating it all week. Roast sweet potatoes and carrots, onion, garlic, black eyed beans, chili beans, lentils, various herbs and spices and chutney. It's alright

Freeze it. That shit is gold.
already bagged and frozen in 450ml portions (got 7 bags in total, 3 used already) but i'm struggling to find a good soup to cope with the ducky taste - tried carrot, leek & potato and minestrone so far but none has held its own in the face of the stock. might be time for duck & hoi sin broth with crunchy carrot & leek.

the duck fat is a winner - A1 roast spuds twice since xmas.

Roasted butternut squash with three whole garlic cloves, chili and sea salt. Sauteed shallots, mushroom, added veggie stock, carrot and parsnip, fresh coconut milk, lots of black pepper and a teaspoon of ginger. Blender with the roasted veg and WOOP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back