Soundgarden - Louder Than Love (1989) (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Louder Than Love
Artist: Soundgarden
Released: 1989

Tracks:
1 - Ugly Truth - 5:26
2 - Hands All Over - 6:00
3 - Gun - 4:42
4 - Power Trip - 4:11
5 - Get on the Snake - 3:43
6 - Full on Kevin's Mom - 3:37
7 - Loud Love - 4:57
8 - I Awake - 4:21
9 - No Wrong No Right - 4:48
10 - Uncovered - 4:32
11 - Big Dumb Sex - 4:11
12 - Full On (reprise) - 2:42

Overview:
Louder Than Love is the second studio album by the American rock band Soundgarden, released on September 5, 1989 through A&M Records. After touring in support of its first full-length studio album, Ultramega OK (1988), Soundgarden signed with A&M and began work on its first album for a major label. The songs on the album featured a metal-leaning grunge sound with some songs featuring unusual or unorthodox time signatures.
Because of some of the song lyrics, a Parental Advisory sticker was placed on the album packaging. Louder Than Love would become the band's first album to chart on the Billboard 200. The band supported the album with tours of North America and Europe. It was the last Soundgarden album to feature the band's original bassist, Hiro Yamamoto.

Hands All Over is the best song of all time. I never make it through the rest. It's time to make the effort methinks.

10/10 though, obviously.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had this years ago. It was a 2 CD set, louder than love & badmotorfinger. They were the only CDs I ever had that got disc rot. Became unplayable, had to throw it out. I bought BMF again but not LTL. Must give it a listen.

I had this years ago. It was a 2 CD set, louder than love & badmotorfinger. They were the only CDs I ever had that got disc rot. Became unplayable, had to throw it out. I bought BMF again but not LTL. Must give it a listen.

I had the same 2CD set! The one with the white cover with small photos of the albums on the front. Must have been late '94 or early '95, but I traded it in somewhere for pennies when I got both separately a couple of years later so no idea if it got disc rot.

I didn't get it at first, I mean I was intrigued but it sounds so different compared to BMF and Superunknown, even though those sound quite different from each other too. Took me longer to get into it than the others but it's probably my third favourite, after UMOK and Superunknown.

I was morto hearing Big Dumb Sex for the first time, obviously.

Probably 1990 when I heard this. The girl I was going out with at the time had the record. We played it a lot. This is the album that introduced me to drop D tuning. I used to love playing along to this. Everyone does say the voice, the voice, the voice. I have a love/hate relationship with Cornell's voice, which went more in the hate direction as time went on. I prefer when he sings (fell on black days) instead of wailing (though I do love Slaves and Bulldozers).

Jaysus. 1989. I became obsessed with this record after seeing Chris Cornell and Kim Thayil interviewed by Vanessa Warwick on Headbanger's Ball. They were eating apples and being cheeky, then they played the Hands All Over video and I was sold. Listened to the LP again last night. Still great.

A year or two after this came out I used to buy anything Soundgarden-y that came in to Freakout Records on South William St. One day I went and and they told me that they'd got something really good in, and they dramatically revealed a cheap looking joke-shop battery operated hand and wrist. It had Soundgarden - Hands All Over clumsily stamped on it and was priced at £15. I told them that there was no way I was paying £15 for a stupid hand. "But we got it in for you. You have to buy it." I repeated that there was no way I was paying £15 for a stupid hand. As I left the shop, I heard one of them saying "you'll be back". I never bought the hand. Did any of you? Ebay gold now, I reckon.

Last edited:
Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back