SoundCheck this Thurs (23rd); Vamps, birds, ponies, sharks (1 Viewer)

UnaRocks

*SoundCheck+ SoundCheck /// After Party + Le Cirque
*Spy, South William Street
*Thursdays, 7pm -11pm
*Free in before 11pm, fiver after
*Free cakes, two for one cocktails, cheap beer
*Music to make your toes wiggle

http://soundcheckdublin.wordpress.com/

Thursday 23rd
Vampire Weekend pre+after party
Special guest DJs:
Bluebirds Are So Natural
Rapture Ponies
Quigo
Conor The Shark
Resident DJs:
Sarah Fox
UnaRocks

Hope all you SoundCheckers enjoyed the weekend. We’re still recovering from last Thursday, but of course, will be back ready to indie rawk for the next SoundCheck + SoundCheck/// After Party

SoundCheck faves Vampire Weekend are hitting the Ambassador this Thursday, so rock into SoundCheck before the gig, where we’ll be blasting out some Vamp tunes, and other great stuff. Grab some cakes and rock it! If you want to head into SoundCheck /// After Party after 11 from the gig, show your ticket stub at the door and get in for a recession-busting €3 instead of €5.
As usual, SoundCheck runs from 7pm - 2.30am.

Before 11pm, it’s free in and we’ve got some SAVAGE cocktails going at 2-for-1. That’s just a tenner for two yumsies cocktails. After 11pm, it’s a fiver in, and we’ve got cheap and cheerful beer, cider, vodka+dash for just €4. Howdjalikethemapples?

This Thursday, the line-up is the bomb. It’s the debut SoundCheck appearance of Rapture Ponies, whose blog was singled out by the Guardian recently as one of their favourite Irish online reads.

Bluebirds Are So Natural make their return after a banging set a while ago. Expect swinging tunes for swinging children, some durrrty pop, and your favourite indie buzz.

It’s also the SoundCheck debut of Conor The Shark, an elusive character who listens to bands that don’t even exist yet. If you aren’t sure what to expect from Conor The Shark, it’s basically something like this:

Our homeboy Quigo is back from Africa and will be picking up the tempo with his favourite tunes, and your SoundCheck residents Sarah Fox and UnaRocks will also be there playing the latest cuts.

And upstairs, Le Cirque will be combining their deadly mix of electro, fashion, art, dressing up, and dancing.

See yiz down there.

oops, the vid didn't pop up:

"It’s also the SoundCheck debut of Conor The Shark, an elusive character who listens to bands that don’t even exist yet. If you aren’t sure what to expect from Conor The Shark, it’s basically something like this:
YouTube - Sharkey & George Intro "

vampire1.jpg

Also check out 'Vampire Weekend at Bernies'....

Dracula%20film.jpg

060818ridiculous1.jpg

"Undead funny"
-the North County Leader

"A hilarious romp"
-Empire Magazine

"Mad as a box of biscuits that fella is"
-Princess Caroline of Monaco

I suppose it depends - the band (or their manager etc) can request it; the promoter can set up one; or you can simply say you're having an after party without asking the band - it can just be an unofficial thing. But you should probably state if it is unofficial.
The only one I've been involved with was the Broken Social Scene one in Galway, through the band manager.

I suppose it depends - the band (or their manager etc) can request it; the promoter can set up one; or you can simply say you're having an after party without asking the band - it can just be an unofficial thing. But you should probably state if it is unofficial.
The only one I've been involved with was the Broken Social Scene one in Galway, through the band manager.

that was a good one sweetoblivion. i was supposed to get a lift back to limerick, but I stayed dancing and drinking instead.:)

why thank you! I consider that a good response to me and V's djing ;) although Kevin Drew did come up and press the stop button...ahem.

yeah, that did seem like an actual after-party in that the band were there (in Amy Millian and Kevin Drew's case gettting well pissed) and I had a chat to that lad in stars as well about ice hockey (he was leaving the party to go watch it in his bedroom)

So, there can be official and unofficial afterparties so? And does an unofficial one mean anybody can get their night to ride on the tails of any gig?

Torquil? With a name like that I'm not surprised he left early..! Kevin Drew was mouldy drunk. In fairness to the band they all stayed there even though Heineken had arranged their own thing - but the band weren't told until the day they got there.

Wonder if Vampire Weekend will be at this yoke...?

So, there can be official and unofficial afterparties so? And does an unofficial one mean anybody can get their night to ride on the tails of any gig?

There's some bar in Dublin that does after parties for almost every big indie gig I've been to in the last few years, name escapes me now. I've always assumed they're just trying to cash in on the fact that people will be around afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back