Sopranos final episodes - SPOILERS WITHIN (1 Viewer)

Re: Sopranos final episodes

It wasn't really a great finale - just watched it again and am pretty disappointed.
Don't think the end is open to any real interpretation if you watch it a few times.

It wasn't really a great finale - just watched it again and am pretty disappointed.
Don't think the end is open to any real interpretation if you watch it a few times.
uhhh spoilers:

I'm with the guy on digg with the bell - tony's perspective - bell - tony's perspective - bell.... theory

The flashback to the conversation in the boat makes it perfectly clear. i thought it was deadly.

I agree. The lame 'use your imagination' fade out was not only a let down but i got the impression that the producers didn't have the either the ideas or bravery to bring the story to an ending once and for all.

HBO have followed the dollar at the expense of the show by leaving the possibilty of a movie open and not killing Tony off.

This last season was definately the worst and similar to the last 2 or 3 seasons - it felt hashed together had none of the momentum and excitement towards the end like previous seasons.

I kinda feel for Gandolfini. Its hard to imagine him doing anything else. He'll always be Tony.

uhhh spoilers:

"Good morning!"

Bobby_ewing_dallas.jpg

uhhh spoilers:

I'm with the guy on digg with the bell - tony's perspective - bell - tony's perspective - bell.... theory

The flashback to the conversation in the boat makes it perfectly clear. i thought it was deadly.

Agree on the ending 100%. Thought the ending itself was great, just the whole episode seemed like an anti-climax after last weeks madness.

Lefty Frizzell said:
I agree. The lame 'use your imagination' fade out was not only a let down but i got the impression that the producers didn't have the either the ideas or bravery to bring the story to an ending once and for all.

HBO have followed the dollar at the expense of the show by leaving the possibilty of a movie open and not killing Tony off.

This last season was definately the worst and similar to the last 2 or 3 seasons - it felt hashed together had none of the momentum and excitement towards the end like previous seasons.

I kinda feel for Gandolfini. Its hard to imagine him doing anything else. He'll always be Tony.

uhmm at a push it's open to interpretation / your imagination.

Be he is so meant to be dead.

You never hear it coming.

I dunno, either way its unsatisfying.

I bet you a 50% extra free bottle of Pepsi that theres a Sopranos movie within 5 years.

well the way i see it is this episode was where we get to see all the possible futures awaiting Tony: Indictment & prison, senile and destitute (junior), flipped (carlo), shot & comatose(silvio) or murdered in front of his family (phil). But the last shot of the last scene is seen from tony's perspective - and it's 11 seconds of nothing.

A movie? hope so.

I disagree, I think that final scene was fucking perfect, so tense. SPOILERS.

You completely expect Tony to get hit in the diner, maybe it was the guy at the counter, or the 2 black guys who came in when the first guy went to the jacks, and every time the bell rang in for the door it he was glancing up to see who or what it was. Not just to see if it's his family but to see if it's someone with a gun, or maybe it was feds to take him away.

And that's what Tony's life is going to be like from now on, waiting for the hit or for the FBI; both are closer to him now then they've ever been. His crew is still weak with Bobby dead and Syl in hospital and open to attack from another family; just because Phil is dead doesn't mean that one of the other New York families won't decide to muscle in. Carlo will probably help get a RICO indictment against him and he may not be able to beat the case. So all he can focus on is his family and try to get on with life. If it happens, it happens but he has to wait for it. As frustrating as it was to not have a really neat little ending to tie things up I loved how it reflected life that way, you're never at a stage where everything is wrapped up so you just get on with it and deal with shit as it happens. And I think that was the point of this whole final season, all this shit that happened; teasing as though we were headed for some final grand resolution, it was never going to happen. Bobby had to kill someone, that's life move on; AJ's depressed and tries to kill himself, that's life get through it; killing Chris, in Tony's head he was justified in doing it, that's his life, what's next?

That being said when they had that fade to black I was expecting shots to ring out.

2 other things I liked about the episode, the wheel going over Phil's head and when the anti-terror Fed saying something like "alright we can win this" when he got news of Phil's death.

Oh yeah, Paulie with the cat, that was great too.

That being said when they had that fade to black I was expecting shots to ring out.

but it wasn't a fade - it just cut straight to black & silence when tony looked up, right when it should have gone back to his perspective.

Umfufu said:
So do you think Tony was whacked or did he have a really sudden panic attack?

"You never hear it coming."

edit: the irony being that in bobby's own case, he most certainly did "hear it coming".... how many times was he shot before he went down?

but it wasn't a fade - it just cut straight to black & silence when tony looked up, right when it should have gone back to his perspective.

Well cut to black then. It'd have been too godfather for the guy at the counter to go to the jacks and come back with a gun. Unless it was someone else completely who we didn't see at all in that scene "you never see it coming" and all that. It'd have been lame to have someone shoot him just as Meadow walked in the door, there's dramatic licence and all but it would have seemed too staged for a show that tried to ground itself in reality.

"You never hear it coming."

I still don't think Tony got shot.
It's a possibility but not a certainty.

The only theory I've heard so far that doesn't make me want to hunt down & killl 'the genius' David Chase is the 'Audience Got Whacked Theory'.

Pete, what was the bell theory you mentioned?
Didn't see it on Digg.

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the Audience Got Whacked Theory.

Still kinda let down though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back