Songwriting and feedback (2 Viewers)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I know a couple of people who write prose, and they'd often have an editor or even just a couple of other writers who they send stuff to for feedback on their writing

Anyone know of anything similar for songwriting/production? There's "hot or not" on submithub, but the feedback on that is at best fairly basic. I'd even be happy to pay, though I don't want to pay someone to simply say "I don't like your voice"

I know a couple of people who write prose, and they'd often have an editor or even just a couple of other writers who they send stuff to for feedback on their writing

Anyone know of anything similar for songwriting/production? There's "hot or not" on submithub, but the feedback on that is at best fairly basic. I'd even be happy to pay, though I don't want to pay someone to simply say "I don't like your voice"

I thought "hot or not" was where you rated pictures of people on the internet.

You've changed internet. You've changed.

thumped kru choons is just self-promo

What I want is stuff like - bass is too busy in the first verse, chorus melody might work better over G-D-Em-C-D rather than just Gs and Cs, too much reverb on the snare, post-chorus goes on too long

et cetera

Feedback from the rest of the band is usually as @snakybus describes above (or else "did you steal that chorus melody from Transvision Vamp?")

A songwriting circle by the sounds of it.

A hard thing to get going somewhere as small as Ireland, I would imagine.

I suggested starting up a collaborative pop writing song house type thing on here once and I might has well have shat swastikas all over the gaff for the reaction it got

I suggested starting up a collaborative pop writing song house type thing on here once and I might has well have shat swastikas all over the gaff for the reaction it got

Do you know I was actually half thinking of suggesting something along them lines. I was thinking could we start up a thread for songs that you're currently working on and that people could download them or whatever and add their own take to it. A collaborative thing.

That way I could finally start doing Trance remixes of Captain A tunes.

Was that the "lets all write and upload a pop song in less than 5 minutes" thing when I was the only one who did it?

I'm not sure, i'm not in the mood for going back to check right now.

Anywhoo back to Eggs's question. I'd maybe try something like that once, but I'm introverted about making music so i don't really put anything out I haven't spent ages looking at - I don't know if it's something my opinion would be valid on like.

No way I could write a song in 5 mins. 5 days is the quickest I've done it ever I'd say

It's not really collaboration I'm looking for either - more like someone who can help with my lost perspective before I spend two years polishing a turd or a few hundred quid getting it mixed. Listen to either a rough sketch of a song or a demo mix and tell me what's obviously wrong with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back