Songs you know all the words to but aren't sure why... (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
This just was on the radio and I sang along without any hesitation. How do I even know the lyrics after all these years and without ever owning any of his music? Weird. Surely my brain could use this space for something more useful.

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
The Don Henley track is ingrained on my brain. I like it.
Yeah, but did you buy the album? Is it just in lots of films? Did we hear it at an age where things stick in our heads? It's not a great song or one I'd ever purposely put on but it's there and I know all the words.

CinnamonBoy

I know Boys of Summer also, partly because I love the song but more so because, imo, the delivery of the lyrics makes them easy to remember, along with the memorable imagery such as the bit about the Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac.

Also, every Centra or Spar in Dublin now plays Radio Nova, so, given time, we'll all eventually and unintentionally know the lyrics to every classic rock hit from the last 40 years.

CinnamonBoy

He shouldn't need to keep it a secret.

Iiirc, from reading Shakey, Kim Gordon used to knock around with Poncho from Crazy Horse in LA back in the day, so I'm sure her and Thurston spent many an evening relaxing to some prime Jackson Browne/J.D. Souther-penned Californian soft-rock.

travispickle

This just was on the radio and I sang along without any hesitation. How do I even know the lyrics after all these years and without ever owning any of his music? Weird. Surely my brain could use this space for something more useful.

I blame MTUsa with Fab Vinny - that's where I heard this I think (or was it later?) used to be on heavy rotation somewhere anyways.
This one too - *shakes fists at damn catchy tunage*

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
I need to stop turning on the radio. Why is my brain not being used for better things?

I knew all the lyrics and belted out the chorus. "In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again. I can't stop now, I've traveled so far to change this lonely life."

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

Gilla Band
National Stadium
145 S Circular Rd, Saint Catherine's, Dublin, D08 HY40, Ireland
Yule (15 Years)
Dalymount Park
7 Dalymount, Phibsborough, Dublin 7, D07 P2T0, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads