Songs you forgot you wrote (2 Viewers)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Like the "Songs you forgot you loved" thread ...

Was talking to one of the Stoat wives (not my own wife, smart arse) over the weekend and she was saying how our stuff has got more relatable over the years. Mentioned a song with the line "my days are numbered" from years ago as an example ... and I had completely forgotten it. Took three of us an entire day to piece it together from bits of memories

Weird. Hard to imagine how you could totally forget one of you own songs. The hook was "Amphibians with great big teeth/Fill my dreams when I go to sleep". What was I thinking?

'Record everything' is the answer

A band I was in drawing near to splitting up and while it was once a habit/ritual we'd gotten tired of recording everything. We wrote the best songs of our (limited) band lifespan in the rehearsal room and they are now completely forgotten. No tapes, no lyrics written down, can't even remember the chords of the songs that I half remember.

What a waste.

It's the world of punk that I feel sorry for.

ululation

I... I do not have a well rounded education. I'm not going to pull the full "you're a simple cunt, aren't you?" reaction. I'm going to moderate, and more gently suggest to myself that I have strong points and weak points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back