Songs that you forgot you loved... (1 Viewer)

Been listening to a lot of OMD this week actually, the new album is quite nice.

anyway, this one - Little Sister Leaving Town by Tanita Tikaram. The video is nice too.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bought this album when it came out a million years ago ( on cassette of course )... played it to death but it got sidelined somewhere along the line as my tastes veered towards "unlistenable" material... the entire album still sounds incredibly fresh for something so self consciously commercial...

I gave up on Wilco awhile ago but when I hear the earlier stuff I remember how fucking good they were. Being There is a fabulous record. Sadly, for some reason it's not in my collection anymore. I need to replace it. The cd is probably in a box back in the states.

I gave up on Wilco awhile ago but when I hear the earlier stuff I remember how fucking good they were. Being There is a fabulous record. Sadly, for some reason it's not in my collection anymore. I need to replace it. The cd is probably in a box back in the states.

Great album alright. I always preferred their Sesame Street verson of that...

And this... just came on the radio as I was flicking through the stations. Kinda love it.

This is how I feel on my balcony: Everyone's a voyeur, their watching me, watch them, watch me right now.

Fugazi (in general). Hadn't listened to them for years but I've played In On The Kill Taker several times this week and Red Medicine and The Argument too. Kill Taker is the best though.

And this... just came on the radio as I was flicking through the stations. Kinda love it.

That came on the radio yesterday when me and some friends were driving to Wexford. Deadly song. The reggae cover by Big Mountain was a hit when I were a lad. Reggae had this weird resurgence in the early 90s. Not sure why, or if it's ever been written about. I suppose it coincided with the release of Legend, the Bob Marley best of. You had all these reggae influenced tracks like On a Ragga Tip by SL2, Informer by Snow, Ini Kamoze, along with UB40 etc etc. I quite enjoyed it. Anyway, sorry, I'm rambling now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back