Songs that you forgot you loved... (1 Viewer)

thumped

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
I forgot how much I love this album, and this song in particular. I think it’s the only thing on Creation that I ever bought.

1992, man. It was no 1991 but it sure had its moments.

prefuse

I'm always meaning to learn this on piano.

A hit record with 2 guitar solos & 2 sax solos. They don't make em like this anymore.

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
Basically a blues jam but when i first heard it I wasn't too familiar with motorhead. Super simple blues riff, parched out voice for one semi verse and straight to guitar solo - was listening to bleach to nirvana a lot at the time which isn't a million miles away from the approach here. Bass carries it of course, great little 'oh' from lemmy about 1.40 and the guitar working around it the whole time. Goes into motorhead mode of course but as a newb to music it was great.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I didnt forget I loved this..but I never saw the video before!

The fucking MOVES on Michael Jackson in this ..I feel better after watching it

Nate Champion

Sure Shot - Polvo, 1993.

Guitar duality indie heaven. That tone, and those bendy avenues. Polvo are living gods. Top tier rock - call it math, Damon Che's sweaty hindsight or post-shite if you like. Anyone see them tear it up at Primavera 2008? Festivals are bollocks, but that was pure clean rock bliss.

Whilst we're at it:

My Kimono - Polvo. Same album.

nuke terrorist

Supporter

Sure Shot - Polvo, 1993.

Guitar duality indie heaven. That tone, and those bendy avenues. Polvo are living gods. Top tier rock - call it math, Damon Che's sweaty hindsight or post-shite if you like. Anyone see them tear it up at Primavera 2008? Festivals are bollocks, but that was pure clean rock bliss.

Whilst we're at it:

My Kimono - Polvo. Same album.

John Peel was mad for Polvo back then along with Superchunk and the other NC bands.
I bought their first album Cor Crane Secret (1992) on CD and listened to it a lot but my tastes were changing and when Today's Active Lifestyles came out (summer 93) I didn't hold to it for long and can't remember any of those songs.
They were one those bands that thought vocals weren't too essential.

Couldn't be bothered buying music like this now but it's still good.
Never forgot them over the years several songs off their first LP surface in my head regularly so they certainly had an impact on me.

"The channel changer is sitting on the stereo, I pick it up I turn on our favourite show, I promise not watch us if you promise not to go-oo-ooo-oo''

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads