Songs by Irish bands that should have been worldwide hits (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

still love this. got a few spins on MTV and the like but not much more than that... they really could have been huge

Derry girls before there were derry girls.

I really liked that album, the texturing was great.

Worldwide hit I don't know, but I thought this lot had a good chance of making it. This style of rock was big enough at the time. Kings of Leon, The Hives, Jet all that kind of thing.

Those vocals hold it right back from hit status. Its decent though, can't remember if I heard it at the time, it feels familiar

NO SWEAT - Heart and Soul (1989) an Irish #1 produced by Joe Elliott
these two videos are hilarious especially the second one shot on a Dublin airport runway involving three American trucks and a helicopter. the first was shot in the Point before it was converted.
one of those bands that like My Little Funhouse if they hadn't existed you couldn't them make up.

I suppose we could quibble about the Irish-ness of this one but it always sounded like the biggest indie pop summer hit there ever was to my ears. Needed the power of someone like Pitchfork behind it i'd say.

2217 plays on youtube.

before I can remember ZERRA 1 recorded two albums for Mercury, with the first produced by Todd Rundgren both of which bombed.
one of those Irish bands that got signed by majors in the wake of U2. some bad keyboard parts didn't help at times.
I was going to do a thread similar to this and call it:
'Irish bands that signed to majors and completely flopped'
ZERRA 1 - Ten Thousand Voices

these two videos are hilarious especially the second one shot on a Dublin airport runway involving three American trucks and a helicopter. the first was shot in the Point before it was converted.
one of those bands that like My Little Funhouse if they hadn't existed you couldn't them make up.
But I remember a guy who lived across the road from me telling me that it was he himself who produced this No Sweat single? He used to blare it out the window.

before I can remember ZERRA 1 recorded two albums for Mercury, with the first produced by Todd Rundgren both of which bombed.
one of those Irish bands that got signed by majors in the wake of U2. some bad keyboard parts didn't help at times.
I was going to do a thread similar to this and call it:
'Irish bands that signed to majors and completely flopped'
ZERRA 1 - Ten Thousand Voices

I can't believe I've never heard of them until now

#bigirishheads

Shit then, shit now.

I suppose we could quibble about the Irish-ness of this one but it always sounded like the biggest indie pop summer hit there ever was to my ears. Needed the power of someone like Pitchfork behind it i'd say.

2217 plays on youtube.

Ginnels put out so many great tunes.

Ginnels were great. They had that album that had about 30 songs on it. I was trying to remember their name when this thread started. Good work @lili.marlene

Mark still doing good stuff with Autre Monde. One of the few guys who can slap a load of chorus on his guitar and not make me fucking hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back