Sonarworks Reference (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
I read that some of you are getting minor pleasures from this software so I'm trying it out. I gather that it should give my headphones a flatter/better frequency range/curve/whatever-it's-called so that I can make better mixes. Does it require a bit of mental rethinking of everything you thought you knew or am I missing the point? You're mixing away listening to the entire mix running through a plugin and then expecting it to be fine when you render it without the plugin applied... weird. I find I keep bypassing to see what it sounds like without it (generally worse than with) and I'm supposed to trust this worse sounding version of the mix. Do you need to forget about bypassing it? Any tips and tricks?
I was hoping to get my head around this in < 10 minutes.

No..you are doing it correctly. Plugin goes on monitor channel only with correction eq file loaded so there is no need to bypass it.

Thats all there is too it. A flat response for mixing. Ideal! It works great as far as I can tell so far. My first mix with it is a complete success.
OBVIOUSLY,I am cross referencing with outer playback devices to ensure (as far as is possible in my current situation) mix translation

But yeah its a winner I reckon

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back