Solar Power? (1 Viewer)

Yeah the battery costs is still the biggest barrier. Should improve dramatically over next few years. Currently (pun intended), small kits that have 50-100 mile range are affordable and that would suit most people
really? comparing ICE cars and full electric cars side by side, the electric cars seem heavy. a leaf has a kerb weight of 1.5 tons, at least 100kg heavier than the juke, from what i can see.

That service, with battery storage, starts at 71 Euro a month! :-/
really? comparing ICE cars and full electric cars side by side, the electric cars seem heavy. a leaf has a kerb weight of 1.5 tons, at least 100kg heavier than the juke, from what i can see.
yep it’s a heavy little bugger. Heavier than a qashqai!

whoops, i quoted the wrong post there. i'd meant to quote the one about the kit for an electric car weighing less than for an ICE car.

whoops, i quoted the wrong post there. i'd meant to quote the one about the kit for an electric car weighing less than for an ICE car.

you’ll notice I said ‘usually’, because there are a few variables;
The most obvious ones being The size of the engine being removed And the amount of batteries being installed.

Cheers Gaz! Got some going in your shed?
No.. but my brother has been trialing an extensive set up in his back garden .All from scratch with off the shelf bits and bobs.

I was gonna set up some for ventilation out here but I don't need it.

you’ll notice I said ‘usually’, because there are a few variables;
The most obvious ones being The size of the engine being removed And the amount of batteries being installed.

I was going on the weight of the yaris - the whole car is 830kg, the model 3 tesla battery is close to 500kg. The yaris engine seems to be rediculously light (and discontinued for being too reliable or something).

I was going on the weight of the yaris - the whole car is 830kg, the model 3 tesla battery is close to 500kg. The yaris engine seems to be rediculously light (and discontinued for being too reliable or something).

Yeah comparing a small engine from a small car to a huge battery pack from a large car is not like for like really.

Just in case nobody tells people, because nobody does there are grants for some of these things

Here, are there grants for fixing up derelict houses?

Like, I'd be probably able to hit up the insulation grants etc, but if a house was not livable, are there putting roofs back on wrecked gaffs and herding the birds out of them grants?

Here, are there grants for fixing up derelict houses?

Like, I'd be probably able to hit up the insulation grants etc, but if a house was not livable, are there putting roofs back on wrecked gaffs and herding the birds out of them grants?

the thing with the insulation grant is that you have to have a minimum BER to qualify for a grant.
Which basically means that if you can't afford to get there in the first place you can't get the grant.
So it only exists for people who can afford it already. As is the way with so many of these 'grants'

Yeah comparing a small engine from a small car to a huge battery pack from a large car is not like for like really.

Yeah fair point - I suppose mostly what I'm getting at is the redistribution of weight which while I wouldn't mind too much still is big dynamic change. I'm very much pro the idea even if i ended up turning it into low speed commuter, thats still 90% of what i do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back