So this is pretty terrifying... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 75
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 2
you missed the point pretty spectacularly there.

Anyways - 3D printers. This gun thing is indeed scary, but what about practical stuff. its kinda amazing. its just perfect for the open source world.

I.e.
Kids toys
kitchen plastics
things that break, so long as you can figure out the shape of the original.

I did? I said buy but of course you could get someone to make a one off guitar body with a saw or lathe or whatever, which isn't very different from getting one printed at a 3d printers. A 3d printed guitar would probably be mad heavy though, unless it was hollow in which case it would sound like a hollow, plastic guitar. You pointed out some stuff that this'll be useful for, I just can't imagine why someone's first thought would be a guitar body. Unless you wanted a ka-razzzy design. But you don't want that, do you?

I did? I said buy but of course you could get someone to make a one off guitar body with a saw or lathe or whatever, which isn't very different from getting one printed at a 3d printers. A 3d printed guitar would probably be mad heavy though, unless it was hollow in which case it would sound like a hollow, plastic guitar. You pointed out some stuff that this'll be useful for, I just can't imagine why someone's first thought would be a guitar body. Unless you wanted a ka-razzzy design. But you don't want that, do you?

I'm confused what does this have to do with John Malkovic plotting to kill Obama ?

http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/20...capability.html#sthash.0dX8Tq2i.hY0IIWoL.dpbs

If you can do this with an ear, imagine what you can do with a guitar.

You don't "just print" surely you have to have the constituent materials (whatever they may be, plastics carbon-fused etc.) and these cost money?
For the love of God, man, would you at least do some basic research? Watch that video. It makes it very clear that you don't compare 3d printers to photocopiers (and for what it's worth, I own a photocopier at home and I've also used 3D printers).
And nobody is saying that 3D printed guns will take over, NOBODY. Only that you can already build parts from plastic by just printing (yes) and if 3D printers continue to evolve and continue to get cheaper, people will quite easily be able to make guns at home. In 20 years like, not now.

For the love of God, man, would you at least do some basic research? Watch that video. It makes it very clear that you don't compare 3d printers to photocopiers (and for what it's worth, I own a photocopier at home and I've also used 3D printers).
And nobody is saying that 3D printed guns will take over, NOBODY. Only that you can already build parts from plastic by just printing (yes) and if 3D printers continue to evolve and continue to get cheaper, people will quite easily be able to make guns at home. In 20 years like, not now.
I'm picturing you shirtless, Travis Bickle style, ranting this to yourself in the mirror while assembling an assault rifle.

Just print? So they're replicators are they? Pretty sure you need material to make the guns out of or is the matter siphoned off the air? That's what I mean by you don't "just print".

OK then compare a 3D printer to an actual printer if a photocopier analogy bothers you so much. Buy a novel from the airport bookshop and then when you get home print out a pdf of a novel and then bind it. Tell me which is better and which is cheaper. That's my main point, not that it is impossible to print guns or even someday some eejits will be printing cars, just that in most instances where people are going to want to use guns illegally they seem to have ready (and cheap enough) access without this whole rigmarole. Although some kid printing a gun for a science project then shooting his teacher is going to be a headline sometime in the next 3 years.

Just print? So they're replicators are they? Pretty sure you need material to make the guns out of or is the matter siphoned off the air? That's what I mean by you don't "just print".

The gun parts are made of plastic - your printer prints CAD designs in plastic. You press print and you get your plastic part. Got it?

in most instances where people are going to want to use guns illegally they seem to have ready (and cheap enough) access without this whole rigmarole.

Where did I ever disagree with that? That's obvious. You're arguing over a different point that I never engaged you on. Would you ever do yourself a favor and go back and read the posts properly.

i think the example of the novel is probably better illustrated by imagining what would happen if the last two pages fell out of your novel, and you had access to someone else's copy to photocopy the last two pages of their book and put them in your own.

Meanwhile

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

“Quite a few of the doctors said that he had a good chance of not leaving the hospital alive,” said the mother of the baby boy, who suffered from a severe version of tracheobronchomalacia, causing his bronchus to collapse.
Desperate for a solution, the doctors obtained emergency clearance from the Food and Drug Administration to surgically sew the 3D-printed splint on the child’s airway. “It was amazing. As soon as the splint was put in, the lungs started going up and down for the first time and we knew he was going to be OK,” said Michigan University Professor Dr. Glenn Green, who came up with save-saving solution, with his partner Dr. Scott Hollister.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/23/doctors-3d-print-an-emergency-airway-tube-to-save-a-childs-life/

Guns may not be cool. But they may be necessary.
And if you don't believe that you need to take your head out of your ass!

Guns may not be cool. But they may be necessary.
And if you don't believe that you need to take your head out of your ass!
Maybe especially necessary when you have oul moanbags like washingcattle about the place !

Yes guns are absolutely necessary if you want to kill people and if you do believe that, then take your head out of your arse and go visit someone who has been directly affected by guns, for example go visit the family of Shane Geoghegan and explain your world view to them. I'm sure they'll be open to your valid world view.

And we can all see your posts so you don't need to use bold.

Sure you can already do that with those kits. Big whoop.
You have to manage to keep it stiff for about an hour without touching it though. Fuck that the only place I can do that is the bus between Waterford and Dublin.

Yes ladies of Waterford that one was for you.

supe-wink.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back