So this is happening... (A.K.A. next generation reality graphics..) (1 Viewer)

I know it's not real but... it really bothers me that there isn't a single wardrobe in the entire apartment. That's not normal. Do they fold all their clothes up and up them into that shelving thing in the bedroom? It looks like it should be in an office. There's even a spatula in the kitchen, why not a wardrobe?

Nice gaff all the same.

giphy.gif

When does this happen?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"The kite cinematic created in Unreal Engine 4 features a diverse and beautifully realized 100 square mile landscape. Everything you see was generated in real-time by Unreal Engine 4 at 30fps and includes fully dynamic lighting, cinematic post effects and procedurally placed trees and foliage. Get Unreal and get going for free at What is Unreal Engine 4"

Kid still looks plasticy.

They havent managed to make realistic people yet

Holy fuck.That must be some computer they're using

Wow..GPUs are fucking booting along these days but CPUs have hit a wall.

I wonder is that cos the CPUs we have now can already do anything we need ..but true realism in GFX still has more horsepower requirements than are currently available thus propelling the tech?

The amount of data that's gonna be needed for full games with this amount of details will be collossal. GTAV was 65gb, can't imagine how big something like FF XV would be if it has those kinda textures (assuming it comes to PC).

The amount of data that's gonna be needed for full games with this amount of details will be collossal. GTAV was 65gb, can't imagine how big something like FF XV would be if it has those kinda textures (assuming it comes to PC).

On the other hand I remember laughing at a friend of mine in the 90s who'd just bought a 3GB hard drive for his computer. "What the hell do you need all that space for??" I also remember when 6MB seemed like a lot for an MP3. So much bigger than even 1 floppy disc! It'll be no time til 65GB seems like nothing for a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back