so...plumbers in city centre / dublin 8...? (1 Viewer)

Send him round here after. Our sink is blocked and we need to replace the rusty water tank. Cry.

I've tried the plunging but that's not sorted things. And the rusty tank is beyond me.

I've tried the plunging but that's not sorted things. And the rusty tank is beyond me.

Take out and clear the u bend under the sink, its more than likely blocked there.

what about pouring a bottle of chemicals down?

the gloopy stuff with sulphuric acid in it is the bizz if you are too lazy to bother unhooking anything.

It's funny I am very reluctant to tackle any type of plumbing or electrics these days. When I was younger I'd have no problem tacking even pretty big jobs myself.

I'm surprised I never electroumaced myself as a kid cause I was fairly reckless in retrospect.

So it's sorted. Had already cleared the U bend and that hadn't fixed it. Chemicals were no go cos of plastic pipes. Anyway, I opened the U bend and the next section, poured out enough water to see that the blockage was near the exit to the vertical pipe outside, washed my hands and capped them over the open pipe and blew as hard as I could. Something went 'pop.... splop' and we have drainage, you'll all be pleased to hear.

Actually wondered if it was a dead rat. There was a fair old niff coming out of there. Who knows, eh?

can i draw on thumped's secret plumbing expertise, so?

blocked toilet, no obvious explanation, happened while the house was empty - it will flush but not really and it fills up really high with water. tried a coathanger but that only reaches the u-bend and risks getting stuck.

one theory is that the house next door is suddenly rented and the sewage outlets are connected for the terrace (this is definitely true) and it's being overused.

so. aside from getting a plunger tomorrow and giving that a go with squeamish dread, any advice? and does anyone know a plumber with free time the weekend before christmas, just in case?

motherfuck. i am doomed not to get to study undisturbed.

tried a coathanger but that only reaches the u-bend and risks getting stuck.

how big is your jacks? an opened out wire coathanger should be plenty long enough to go around a u bend. you are using a wire coathanger, right?

how big is your jacks? an opened out wire coathanger should be plenty long enough to go around a u bend. you are using a wire coathanger, right?

no, i'm a fuckwit. yeah, it's wire but i was using it bended in half because i was a bit afraid of puncturing the pipe. does this actually work? might have another go with a bit more courage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back