so...plumbers in city centre / dublin 8...? (1 Viewer)

old

Contributor
Since 2000
Send him round here after. Our sink is blocked and we need to replace the rusty water tank. Cry.

old

Contributor
Since 2000
I've tried the plunging but that's not sorted things. And the rusty tank is beyond me.

Mormon Nailer

Supporter
Website
skin-of-our-teeth.blogspot.com
what about pouring a bottle of chemicals down?

the gloopy stuff with sulphuric acid in it is the bizz if you are too lazy to bother unhooking anything.

It's funny I am very reluctant to tackle any type of plumbing or electrics these days. When I was younger I'd have no problem tacking even pretty big jobs myself.

I'm surprised I never electroumaced myself as a kid cause I was fairly reckless in retrospect.

old

Contributor
Since 2000
So it's sorted. Had already cleared the U bend and that hadn't fixed it. Chemicals were no go cos of plastic pipes. Anyway, I opened the U bend and the next section, poured out enough water to see that the blockage was near the exit to the vertical pipe outside, washed my hands and capped them over the open pipe and blew as hard as I could. Something went 'pop.... splop' and we have drainage, you'll all be pleased to hear.

old

Contributor
Since 2000
Actually wondered if it was a dead rat. There was a fair old niff coming out of there. Who knows, eh?

carbide

can i draw on thumped's secret plumbing expertise, so?

blocked toilet, no obvious explanation, happened while the house was empty - it will flush but not really and it fills up really high with water. tried a coathanger but that only reaches the u-bend and risks getting stuck.

one theory is that the house next door is suddenly rented and the sewage outlets are connected for the terrace (this is definitely true) and it's being overused.

so. aside from getting a plunger tomorrow and giving that a go with squeamish dread, any advice? and does anyone know a plumber with free time the weekend before christmas, just in case?

motherfuck. i am doomed not to get to study undisturbed.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
tried a coathanger but that only reaches the u-bend and risks getting stuck.

how big is your jacks? an opened out wire coathanger should be plenty long enough to go around a u bend. you are using a wire coathanger, right?

carbide

how big is your jacks? an opened out wire coathanger should be plenty long enough to go around a u bend. you are using a wire coathanger, right?

no, i'm a fuckwit. yeah, it's wire but i was using it bended in half because i was a bit afraid of puncturing the pipe. does this actually work? might have another go with a bit more courage.

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

Bob Mould
Whelans
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland
The Bobby Lees - midnight at Whelan's
Whelans
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland
Einstürzende Neubauten
National Concert Hall
Earlsfort Terrace, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Big Brave (Southern Lord) + Percolator
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Lori Goldston - Droichead Arts Centre
Droichead Arts Centre
Stockwell Ln, Downtown Drogheda, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland
Pixies
Iveagh Gardens
Stable Ln, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads