So now that the Amazon Echo is officially available in Ireland... (1 Viewer)

I don't see the point of it.
You can order from Just Eat and get news and weather updates. And that's not all!
feature-hero._CB279244864_.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We had a trial one in the office for a while. It was a bit of craic. Mostly used as you would Google, it's now being used for alarm clock / morning news review. We hadn't registered for prime just because it was in a public office. For some reason I found it more invasive than a phone in tell terms of always listening.

One positive: it's the first non screen based household device in years which is a more music/radio/podcast favouring setup than the decade plus of completely terrible speakers being popularized.

my brother got it, and got one for my parents. most of the use it seems to be getting is being asked questions the person already knows the answer to, or showing it to people. $50 to a $5 problem.

and i don't like the idea of a live mic left running in the house.

I can do the same thing with my phone, why do I need a yoke that sits in the corner of the room to do the same thing? And invariably it makes a mess of what you're asking for and you end up typing it anyway.

I would be thinking the same way. Am yet to see it do something that’d be quicker than me using my phone to do

I still don’t get the point of these things. Aside from videos of people online accidentally ordering things they don’t want because Alexa mishears them.
Mine get used as a radio, a Spotify player, a stupid question answerer, a news reader, a voice controlled tv remote (linked to my Harmony Hub); for reminders and alarms, lists, and a calendar. But most often it’s asked “how many days until Christmas”

I work for them, and I haven't quite wrapped my head around all of this alexa business. Thinking of getting one for my dad for xmas though.

My Mam has one and loved it BUT she's a solid iTunes user and you can't use iTunes with it apparently? Or its not as easy to? So she swapped for the Apple one. Jonah should get us all free Alexas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back