snow (1 Viewer)

Still just gammy slush in rinsgend and I hear you don't even have to travel a kilometre inland to get the real stuff

Sux.

Of course, I'll be glad of it if it stays like this and I wanna go for a run in the early morning.

This is how snow rolls, though, unless the temperature drops by about five more degrees. Then it'll stick everywhere.

Did you interview her?

Anyway, cephalopod, sucks indeed that we had no snow down the Ringer. Still, the little pricks in the neighbourhood managed to hit our taxi with a snowball on the way home.

Snow falling in the city centre was mad purty, though I don't envy anyone with a long commute. Hope everyone made it home okay.

I tried...it was at the launch of the of a healthcare centre, and my editor wanted me to try and ask her about the situation with the lack of beds in Naas General Hospital.
After she gave her speech and the launch was over I went to find her, and she was there with a Daily Mail journo and a radio journo, so I just started taking notes (and unfortunately noticed this was all being filmed) and a minute or two later just as they finished I tried to ask her something and this guy pulled me away, turned out he was her press guy, and he looked at me like I was some sort of strange creature and then asked me what I wanted to ask her, but every damn question I gave him he just said no to. :rolleyes: Typical.
Then I went and found the guy who started the centre - looking like a tramp I was, no word of a lie - and a bloody photographer and camera dude started filming :( it wasn't on the 9 O'Clock news so I think I'm ok.

Meh.

Finished early cause Malahide Mens are a bunch of wus's who did'nt show up for their training session.Thank fuck.Snowing like billyo when I left the gaf(took 1¼ hours to get to work instead of ¾ which was'nt too shabby) and when I got to Kilbarack it was as if the winter never happened.Except for the rain and temperature.The urchins were still going about their urchining completely unimpeded.Drove home via the M50 and it was pretty harem scarem but most bizzarrely of all,it was still mad snowy in Finglas.
Kilbarack obviously has its own micro climate which is something I find interesting.

And now I'm enjoying a lager.

Nothing wrong with looking a bit Trampy Sweetob.Its a look I've won considerable plaudits from my peers with.

ha! I looked like something the cat had dragged in, with a huge canvas bag that looked dirty, my old thick winter jacket, hair all over the gaff. I'm sure I ended up on the cutting room floor, the place was full of suits and I'd forgotten I had to go to the bloody thing which was why I looked like a gowl ;)

bet you looked lovely sweetie!

I kind of used it in the wrong context, *technically* it's the Cork equivalent of twat. But I didn't mean it exactly in that way. I meant idiot.

'He's a pure gowl, boy'
'Get a lamp of that gowl over there, he thinks he's some fla'

Aww thanks Rachel :) but seriously I don't mean it in an 'ooh I'm SO UGLY' way, I did look like a tramp, ha! It's easy to spot the journalist at events like this, we're always the worst dressed ones ;)

Looks like Winter is having an 80's revival this year.

Started coming down really heavy around 6 when I was halfway home on the bus.
Took me 3 hours to get home. City centre to Tallaght. The last half hour of that was walking because the bus driver decided he didn't want to go any further in the snow and threw everyone off in the middle of jobstown.

I saw the 65 bus doing the same. Everyone on it would have had to walk from Jobstown to Blessington.

I kind of used it in the wrong context, *technically* it's the Cork equivalent of twat. But I didn't mean it exactly in that way. I meant idiot.
you might want to be careful about the context you use it in, just saying. . .
gowl:
female genitalia.
word used by pilotlighters when talking about female genitalia.

crikey! ye must have gotten soaked walking.
the only thing that seems to actually be running properly is the Luas. And the trains, but they're probably being delayed I imagine.

Dunno whether to risk a journey to work tomorrow. Don't want to be the only gobshite that doesn't turn up. But after tonight I'm not sure I care.

Does anyone know if there's any way to check if schools are closed tomorrow?

I always associate gowl with the phrase "Bang o'gowl of him/her/that"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back