snow (1 Viewer)

I'm trapped in work due to the onslaught Inclemency '09 on Park West. It's taking its toll on spirits here, though some of the stronger-willed among us have started to bond in adversity. We are plotting an escape, but it won't be easy and might involve opening a portal to a different city at a different time.

do you have enough biscuits in the kitchen to see you through the night?

I have biscuits in my drawer. Rich Tea. They can stave off hunger only for so long. I have no change to buy crisps from the vending machine. It flaunts its tasty varieties of Hunky Dorys at me like a pimp, but alas I am a poor peasant boy on its turf, reduced to rags and unable to pay.
I have only the charity of tea for comfort, and this absurd connection with the outside world, where people can hear my cries in the night sky like a shook up ol' powder box, but are powerless to physically intervene.
:(
I'm a little scared.

At least it's produced some of my finest prose.
The thing you really get a sense of at times like these is just how boring all the waiting around is. Sure, you could edit the experience into a fairly rollicking half hour of highlights, but to actually live through the hint of faraway chats, the clicking of the keyboard, the lack of anything to say to anyone - well, it's shite.
As The Beatles sang on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, I'd Build a Snowman, If Only I Had a Carrot.

As The Beatles sang on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, I'd Build a Snowman, If Only I Had a Carrot.
maybe you could print this out, if you dont fancy going out into the cold, make a paper snowman.
4319077.Carrot.jpg

its all very Joycian (sp?) moods!
great song writing material.
have you thought about leaving and chancing it?
it's not going to get any better at this stage?

I might stay here 'til morning. Sure, the traffic is kind of clearing up at the moment, but what would I do at this stage anyway?

Surely he'd be a Paper Man? Where is the snow element? No, it just won't do, rita.
ok, maybe you have a point there. i was going to suggest cutting paper into the shape of snowflakes and making one out of those, but i fear you'll just stomp on this plan too.

what about a riddle?

If the electric train is going north, which direction is the steam blowing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back