smokin etiquette (1 Viewer)

my smoking habits are forever changing.
i go between john player lights or drum light tobacco with filters (the small ones are the best)
i dunno, i like em both but my throat gets really fucked if i smoke too many straightners..
if i don't already know the answer, i ask if i can smoke wherever i am.. it's only polite.
even as a smoker i will admit it is highly unpleasant when someone exhales and blows their smoke in your face. yuck.

one of THE MOST annoying things about smoking/being a smoker is when someone comes up to you and borrows your lighter only to pocket it moments later.
sometimes you might notice, then politely spit a "sorry... do you have my lighter?" out in their general direction. sometimes you may not realise their sneaky move 'till a later time when you are standing alone at a bus stop wanting a smoke. then you can't decide if you should leggit around to the shop to get a pack of matches or not because you risk missing your bus and you really shouldn't miss it as you can't be late but you really want a smoke and all you think is "curse that fucking dude, i am never lending my lighter to him again" and all the confusion of shop vs stay at bus stop is so stressful and you know if you could just light that fucking cigarette you would be okay, all on earth would be well. except your fucking bus would arrive one drag into the fucking thing and you'll have wasted a cigarette because you don't like putting the stubbed ones back in your box because the smell really is fucking awful and you will smell like a spittoon all day long.

joints-wise though, nothing really annoys me. joint-hawks who circle around whoever has a spliff can be mildly irritating at times but who can blame them really... they just wanna party. and scab off the buzz.

There's actually one group of friends I have just stopped hanging out with, because every time we go out, they all go out smoking with staggering frequency and I end up making small talk with their non-smoking workmates they leave behind. Not no more though - I'm through with all that stuff. Then again maybe they were trying to tell me something.

one of THE MOST annoying things about smoking/being a smoker is when someone comes up to you and borrows your lighter only to pocket it moments later.

eep. Always doing that. wake up some mornings with mornings with a pocket full 'o' lighters.

annoying: hardly any shops stock this type of filter tip. does my head in.:mad:

tips_swan_filters.jpg

na, i know of two shops around town that sell em, i just have to remember to get em at the weekend...

there's 3 i know of (abbey st, talbot st, beside stephen's green shopping centre). pretty annoying when you run out miles from town, especially since they seem to in most every shop in the uk/northie land.

I had a brand new pouch of tobacco taken from my bag at a house party last night, when I went looking for it I only had enough for one rollie left... Another guys tobacco was all smoked to..
(was fairly drunk though so I could have told people they could take from it)
ah thats shitty. I hate how it doesn't matter where or who's at a party, i can be gone for 5 minutes and find that my bags just been rooted through. uncool.
also i found a full pack of drum with skins after the last lower deck there. drum is yuck! it smells and tastes like socks and cheese. but i've been practicing rolling loads cos i hate when you ask someone else to do it and they smoke it for ages and motherfucking pass it to someone else. or people leeching onto ya if they know you have stuff, "oh can i roll you another jay?" oh how very kind of you YOU TOTAL WANKER.
i only smoke at the weekends

oh btw rois! i'll roll ya a few and post them. cos i can. ;)

You stub the cigarette out and put it back in the box which goes back in your pocket.

What do you think of the smell from the box / your pocket / your fingers?

The only place for a nabber like that is behind one's ear. Problem solved. People puttin skins an sweets papers an whatever else is headwreckin alright.

- people who take a cigarette from you when it's offered but don't smoke it there and then; instead saying 'I'll keep it for later' and putting it in their pocket.
Bloke i know came sat down next to me in the pub one night (back when there was smoking in pubs), put down his pint and his fags (about a half a twenty box of silk cut purple), and went to take one of my carolls out of my box.
Says i "what're you at"?
"Eh, can i take a fag off you".
I pointed at his fags.
"Eh, i don't like silk cut purple".
"Then what did you buy them for?"
"I didn't i nicked them off someone".
someone comes up to you and borrows your lighter only to pocket it moments later.
The brother is a huge fan of this move. At one stage he had two full clothes drawers of lighters at home that he'd nicked off people. Now he just keeps them until the end of the night and bins the whole lot on his way home.

And for the record:

u_carrols.jpg

Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back