Smokers (1 Viewer)

shower another shower

Anyone know anything about this? Wanna smoke franks and briskets and shit. Maybe some fish or chilis, even.
Don't want to spend a fortune, maybe even a couple of 55 Gallon drums welded together?
Wood available in Ireland thats tasty?
Sheeps casings?

I looked into this a year or so back. Smokers seem hard enough to find, I seen one in a fishing shop but it was tiny, impractically so.
The wood chippings I couldnt find anywhere, ebay seems to have all the necessary bits though.
Let me know if you get around to it, I might make it my task for the summer.

Our neighbour gives us a bit of smoked mackerel sometimes i think he does it himself. Yeah maybe sit a 55 Gallon drum on a top of a couple blocks or something like that and have a hole or lid on the top ?
I am not sure really. Maybe a wood barrel would be better even if you could find one.

Yea, so I picked up one of these in Carlow of all places.
Bradley-Smoker.jpg

smoking by biscuit is deadly.

Only seeing this now but you can make a smoker out of a wok, a rack and some tine foil. Probably only works for quick-smoke foods as opposed to putting something like fish or meats in a smoker for a day.

Line the wok with tin foil and spread rice, sugar, herbs or chips or whatever. Put the rack on top with the food and cover the entire thing with tin foil. Put the wok on high heat and check every now and then if it's smoking, once it's got going you can take it off and just leave it, making sure it's covered up

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back