Slowdive (1 Viewer)

Alan Latchley

Website
www.stabbers.org
Continuing my never-ending quest to bring you, ma good frens at thumped, some tunes by those mind-numbingly fragile indie darlings beloved back in "the day" I can now bring you SLOWDIVE. Listen once again to the band decide they've enough lyrics written and its time for the pedals, recoil in horror at their version of Some Velvet Morning, fall over drunk when you realise they're probably still going...

Last time it was a page of Swervedriver. This time a page of Slowdive. Next time it may be Ride. I'm so excited I could grow my fringe floppy again.

http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~torsten/Music/Slowdive/

yaaaaay!

after many years of championing their reverbedness it's good to hear another voice in the wilderness.

where would mogwai etc... be without slowdive.

I always found the sound of slowdive, chapterhouse & all that lark to be a pointless middle ground between Pastlesesque tweeness, Cocteau twins dreaminess and Mbvs distortions. Taking the most obvious elements of each and bandying them together into unfocused, dreary cack. Chapterhouse knew the game was up when they heard the sublime reworking of their Lp that Global Communications did.
Although The Telescopes & Pale Saints first stuff were really good and i think they were unlucky enough to be lumped into that 'scene'.

i have 2 disc a morr music compilation and i only just twigged last week when anoraking the sleeve notes that all the songs on disk1 are electronic covers of slowdive songs. i used to make fun of a mate of mine who listened to slowdive years ago cos i thought they were gay so i dont know the tunes. interesting one tho.

I still play catch the breeze and slowdive once in a while. And Rachel Goswell, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

magnetize said:
I always found the sound of slowdive, chapterhouse & all that lark to be a pointless middle ground between Pastlesesque tweeness, Cocteau twins dreaminess and Mbvs distortions. Taking the most obvious elements of each and bandying them together into unfocused, dreary cack. Chapterhouse knew the game was up when they heard the sublime reworking of their Lp that Global Communications did.
Although The Telescopes & Pale Saints first stuff were really good and i think they were unlucky enough to be lumped into that 'scene'.

Fair comment, i never "got" chapterhouse, but love that first slowdive album.

Pale saints though were a different kettle of monkeys altogether, i've been trying to find their first album again for ages. Any chance anyone here has a copy...?

I wish I had my ride records over here, boooooo

boston5.jpg

RIDE were the business... Sigh!

Some low grade stuff can be located at :

http://www.ticket2ride.it/mgmicro/goodies.htm

In there is a nice (decentish quality sound) Stolkholm show that Gardener and Bell reunited for.

And a poor quality gig from Milan can be d/l'd at

http://www.ticket2ride.it/sounds.htm

Saw Gardener at the Sugar Club last year (brilliant) and with his new four-guitar band at Glastonbury earlier in the summer. He was good, but only lobbed in a few RIDE numbers.

Alan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back