Slayer splitting up (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
A sad day for the winners of the thumped.com album of the year prize in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 for Reign in Blood.

This was my first exposure to them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd heard of them but never got to listen to them until a friend gave me a home made tape. I didn't realise the weirdly erratic rhythm was due to it being recorded from a scratched record until years later.

Sad to hear they're calling it a day. I'm not one of the "original line up or nothing" guys

skrillex-1350058074-custom-0.jpg

It was the end of an era when Hanneman died. I'm glad I saw them when he was still around, at a half-empty Point Depot after 9/11.
Was that the Tattoo the Planet thingy with a bunch of other metal bands or am I completely mixing things up?

I saw them once at that Ozzfest where Ozzy didn’t turn up. It turned into a war zone during Slayer’s set, it was terrific.

I was at that gig, Was great as far as I remember, they only played two new songs.

Seen them live a good few other times but the last two were a bit meh. Anthrax blew them off the stage in the Olympia the other year, in fairness Anthrax have always been great live.

I know they'll be meh on the final tour but I'll go along to get in the pit with all the other aul lads one last time.

when exactly did the Top Hat close ? early 90's ? never was there.
never saw SLAYER either.
just wasn't prepared to pay 40 euro plus... until it was too late.
should have stopped when Jeff died.

Saw them in 06 when they played the Point, it was the last time the original line up played here, they were savage, played a good bit of stuff off the Christ Illusion album which is actually pretty decent.

trying to remember the last gig i saw there... it's all a blur.. faith no more, i think

Top Hat, Dublin, Ireland Concert Setlists | setlist.fm

Never saw that list of gigs in the top hat before.
I went to three of them.
4th of October 1988 - Metallica & Danzig
29th of May 1990 - Kreator & Death
14th of November 1990 - Sepultura

I have some small memories of the metallica gig. First proper gig, 13, very excited. Metallica in their godlike era.
The kreator & Sepultura gigs...little or no memories off them.

Slayer splitting...I have to admit I totally lost touch with slayer after divine intervention. 1994, had to look that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back