Slayer - Reign in Blood (1986) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 134
  • Views 17K
  • Watchers 5
I'm going for it now on the cans.It sounds fantastic.

I've always been a fan of this album and Slayer in general although this is the only album I'd really know at this stage.Saw them a good few times. I think this is the first time I've listened to this since I entered adulthood proper(which only happened recently in fairness).
What can I say..I'd agree with Shaney..the music is class..hops around from riff to riff when you don't see it coming..like the best trash metal should.I couldnt make out the lyrics when it was playing through the speakers but they are perfectly clear on the headphones...still a bit to fast to make out mind
This music brings back fond memories of late night sessions with HMD..who knows all the lyrics hehe.Whats not to love.

This is metal I can get my head around.Its raw and pissed off sounding.Not too show offy.Its efficient and gets the job done.

And the guitar solos are magnificent.

Full marks.

Addebdum...it really does sound the fucking business on my cans.Everyone should own proper cans.

Altar of Sacrifice is the first song thats getting some proper traction with me. Haven't a clue what its about, but yer man sounds angry as hell. This song fucking rocks.

Edit: although the music for the first half of the song sounds like its from some different song. But then it seems to sync up, just when he starts singing about satan. Prolly satan that made that happen.

Edit2: Agree with @Shaney? about the drums. Change it up a bit, man

Edit3:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I’m surprised you’ve never heard Low before. Good, innit?
Yeah it's great! I've been meaning to listen to it since I was about 12 cos it was always namechecked by all the Britpop bands but I just never got around to it.

I'll try and write up a semi-decent Reign in Blood review here on Friday.

Ahh Low is possibly my fave Bowie album!

It would be a great choice for the next album club

I'm going for it now on the cans.It sounds fantastic.

I've always been a fan of this album and Slayer in general although this is the only album I'd really know at this stage.Saw them a good few times. I think this is the first time I've listened to this since I entered adulthood proper(which only happened recently in fairness).
What can I say..I'd agree with Shaney..the music is class..hops around from riff to riff when you don't see it coming..like the best trash metal should.I couldnt make out the lyrics when it was playing through the speakers but they are perfectly clear on the headphones...still a bit to fast to make out mind
This music brings back fond memories of late night sessions with HMD..who knows all the lyrics hehe.Whats not to love.

This is metal I can get my head around.Its raw and pissed off sounding.Not too show offy.Its efficient and gets the job done.

And the guitar solos are magnificent.

Full marks.

Addebdum...it really does sound the fucking business on my cans.Everyone should own proper cans.
What cans do you use G? I'm in the market for a decent pair I can use for on the go, or also/alternatively for at home.

What cans do you use G? I'm in the market for a decent pair I can use for on the go, or also/alternatively for at home.
Same criteria I had when getting mine..and after EXTENSIVE research and 4 non starters I got a pair of AudioTechnica ATH-m50x ..and they are the fucking business.

I'm listening to Backs latest album on them right now.Magic.
And they are great for on the move cos they block out external sounds great.I love walking round the supermarket with them on

They also double duty as sweet cans for production.10/10

Same criteria I had when getting mine..and after EXTENSIVE research and 4 non starters I got a pair of AudioTechnica ATH-m50x ..and they are the fucking business.

I'm listening to Backs latest album on them right now.Magic.
And they are great for on the move cos they block out external sounds great.I love walking round the supermarket with them on

They also double duty as sweet cans for production.10/10
Cool beans. I will check them out; have a few sheckles to offload.

Youtube played Darkstar right after Low...fits beautifully

Dark.star

dark as in black..star as in morning star... as in Lucifer

This diabolic imagery reminds me of Slayer, Reign in Blood

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back