Slayer - Reign in Blood (1986) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 134
  • Views 17K
  • Watchers 5
Here, if one were to buy the CD these days, is the indexing fixed so that the final track doesn't have half of Post Mortem?

Anyway, such a fucking great LP. Pete, when this thread has been up for a few weeks, you should collate the best quotes and create an archived review on the main site,

Just had my first spin through the loudspeakers. Havent heard this in a long time.

FUCKING DEADLY

these lads must have been absolutely fucking wrecked.

hats off for his diction in Reborn. he's singing those words faster than i can read them.

Last edited:
Well..I for one am assuming we get a new album every Friday.

So, Friday!
well we can move onto a new album on friday, but that doesn't mean we need to lock threads or anything. In case something comes to us down the line and we want to share with the good folks of thumped. Know mean

@pete, can the threads be numbered? I know the date of the first post will be on there, but it would be good to keep track of what number album we're on, say, in 10 years time or something.

fine, Anthrax. I thought of it later.

anyway, just been listening to this thinking, fuck me this first song is long. Then I realised I was 4 songs in.

Its not as heavy going as I expected, so far. Its actually pleasant enough listening, until he sings.
I'm not mad about his singing either, it sounds a bit like pouting and 80s hair. I like the music a lot now though, I like the way it jumps back and forth from fairly solid toe-tapping grooves to stranger sections at speed. Its quite exciting. The drummer could probably mix things up a bit more. It's hard to resist air drumming along all the same.

Would it be better if the album club forum was a sub forum of the general forum? It might get more notice.

I've only copped this thread now. Amazingly I think I actually own a copy of this album, though I've never listened to it.
Right, better get around to giving it a spin so.

I only bought a vinyl copy of this at the last record store day. Up until then I had a crappy copy recorded from a scratched record.

5 fists

What I love about this record is the lack of pretense or polish or big hair, it's as human as metal ever was. The opening two beats are like a quick one-two of fists to the face, the furious hi-hat kicks into life and wham, we're off (though Tom Araya's opening scream is the *one* thing I could do without). From there on, it's just a relentless slam of the best metal riffs you could dream of, with only the barest hint of production trickery (satan! satan! satan!) getting in the way.

If we're putting one metal LP in the time capsule to tell our future mekon-head descendants who we were, this is it.

And it fuckin' rain's blood on them when they play!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back