Slayer - Reign in Blood (1986) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 134
  • Views 17K
  • Watchers 5

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 18 Votes
Title: Reign in Blood
Artist: Slayer
Released: 1986

Tracks:
1 - Angel of Death - 4:51
2 - Piece by Piece - 2:02
3 - Necrophobic - 1:40
4 - Altar of Sacrifice - 2:50
5 - Jesus Saves - 2:54
6 - Criminally Insane - 2:23
7 - Reborn - 2:11
8 - Epidemic - 2:23
9 - Postmortem - 3:27
10 - Raining Blood - 4:16
11 - Aggressive Perfector - 2:30
12 - Criminally Insane (remix) - 3:17

Overview:
Reign in Blood is the third studio album and the major label debut by the American thrash metal band Slayer. It was released on 7 October 1986 through Def Jam Recordings. The album was the band's first collaboration with record producer Rick Rubin, whose input helped the band's sound evolve. Reign in Blood was universally well received by both critics and fans, and was responsible for bringing Slayer to the attention of a mainstream metal audience. Kerrang! magazine described the record as "the heaviest album of all". Alongside Anthrax's Among the Living, Megadeth's Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? and Metallica's Master of Puppets, Reign in Blood helped define the sound of the emerging US thrash metal scene in the 1980s, and has remained influential subsequently.
Reign in Blood's release was delayed because of concerns regarding its graphic artwork and lyrical subject matter. The opening track, "Angel of Death", which refers to Josef Mengele and describes acts, such as human experimentation, that Mengele committed at the Auschwitz concentration camp, provoked allegations of Nazism. However, the band stated numerous times they do not condone Nazism, and are merely interested in the subject. The album was Slayer's first to enter the Billboard 200; the release peaked at number 94, and was certified Gold on 20 November 1992.

Last edited:
10/10!

Ahh jazes...I'm in stitches here.Hahaa!!

Thumped Album Club is the greatest!

Well, it's not as good as any of my suggestions but I'm on my 3 listen since yesterday afternoon and quite enjoying it. I listened to it once before, about 10 years ago, and didn't like it at all so that's good. I'm not sure what else to say about it - good riffing...

In Postmortem he pronounces the 't' at the end of tourniquet - I don't think he should do that.

Last edited:
Oh..I didnt know we were starting with this lp already..I thought this was a test thread or something

Listend to it all the way through earlier for the first time in a while. It's 28 minutes of awesomeness. Some many high points like the double bass solo in Angle of death or Alter of Sacrifice running into Jesus Saves.

Well,if we're going with this bad boy I'll give it a few spins.

I'm gonna give each lp at least two plays..one on speakers and one on cans.No reading or other distracting shit.100% focus.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back