Sky increases subscription fees (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter IFF
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 0

IFF

well sky has increased subscription costs for us irish people due to the fact that they added ret1, network 2, tv3 and tg4 to the package they offer

now i remembering reading in the sunday independent that these stations cannot be charged extra for in a story in teh paper

now am i wrong in thinking that if they increase the cost of subscription due to these 4 channels then they are increasing the charges and breaking the law of the land?

now if bertie "i don't know the speed limit" ahern, mary " can i have the last piece of the cake even though i had all the other pieces" harney, michael "if i pick up the handle of the phone, a bad noise sounds" mcdowell were willing to do things for us the working class of ireland then they would stepo in tro stop this blatant robbery of the irish people

it is illegal (according to a stoyr in the sunday independent last year) to charge extra for these channels and sky are breaking the law here

well bSkyb can technically increase the subscription and relate it to any other part of their expenditure (euros vs. pound, bullshit about equipment). Its probably coincidential with the launch of the irish terrestrial channels on that sky digi box.

On the other hand, you should be questioning yourself as to why you have sky. for one, its shite and if you like adverts (eventhough its a pay tv service), you're in heaven. go smash it and buy a real satellite system and watch fucked up german/turkish/arabic channels, they're more entertaining and cost nothing. viva plus might always have something decent on in the evenings.

robert murdoch = overpriced media whore

here's an idea,throw the fuckin thing out the window.

Sky is shite,so is most of the stuff on the irish channels.

have you ever heard of books?words written on paper all stuck together in a neat little bundle,mad,but worth the time.

am i the only one that's wondering what this has to do with politics?

you're exactly right nine. this has nothing to do with politics.

sky is shite. much of tv is shite except for decent music tv.

cancel your subscription and buy some books.

enchance:
sky digital was a family decision between the 5 members of my family (my paretns, me, my 2 brothers) so as the decisionw asn't solely mine

but then the cancelling of it has to be done as a family decision

anyway sky's not so bad, fox news channel at 1am in the morning wrong and mtv2 is very good for music. paramount is cool for comedies that aren#'t shown on "proper " tv

nine:

i don't spend all my day watching tv and i do read both magazines and books whether they be political, sporting or musical

enchance again:

this i sa politivcal matter in my opinion as by charging extra for these stations (in the letter about the extra charge, i'm informed about this ) the reasoin is due to these extra channels

now i believe we pay enough for the irish stations as it is and we don't deserve to pay extra for them

anyway ntl is not available in my arrea as it's outside a town

by all means you shouldn't be paying for the irish terrestrial channels. it would be against the law for sky to charge you for rte especially when you already pay for it by licence every year. Its not like the british are paying for the bbcs through their digiboxes, they simply have to prove they possess a current licence in which they will be given a free to view card for these channels. thats if they aren't subscribing to the actually sky channel packages (which i don't know why anyone would want to).

seems like your family needs cheap thrills

Originally posted by enchance
are ntl not gone bust?

actually i had a customer telling me they had today, but i havent been told if they have. and i work here.
sky can charge what they like because they aren't regulated. ntl being a cable service provider and franchised are regulated by the government so they can't charge for rte etc.
mad eh?

Originally posted by enchance
by all means you shouldn't be paying for the irish terrestrial channels. it would be against the law for sky to charge you for rte especially when you already pay for it by licence every year

yes that's the point i'm was trying to make

and yes my family do like cheap thrills (one of my brothers like eminem for good sake and the other likes teancious d, ohh good dear god)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back