Singles (1992) (1 Viewer)

I'm one track in and, as always, Alice in Chains are fucking woeful. This is the shit that led to Nickleback and Staind.

tumblr_onxygsgU4n1rp87ryo1_500.gifv

Poor Eddie Vedder, it's not his fault every idiot imitated him and ruined that way of singing forever. Breathe is a cool song otherwise!

Remember how the grunge look was wooly hats, long underwear, shorts over leggings, tshirts over long sleeves tops... Grand in the cold northwest of a wintery Seattle...not so much at a concert on a blazing hot summer's day in Dublin

grunge...bah

Remember how the grunge look was wooly hats, long underwear, shorts over leggings, tshirts over long sleeves tops... Grand in the cold northwest of a wintery Seattle...not so much at a concert on a blazing hot summer's day in Dublin

grunge...bah

Yea but grand for pissy rainy cold days living in a freezing dank house in Dublin.

1 - Would? - 3:28
I always really liked this one. Love the drums, those bouncing toms during the chorus.
The outro part is great, "am I wrong..." Poor old Layne. A tragic ending. He always reminded me of Freddy Kruger.

2 - Breath - 5:27
Next up Pearl Jam. I don't remember hearing this before.The song is okay at best, kind of b side-ish. Parts sound like a rehash of Alive. It does have my favorite PJ drummer playing on it, Dave Abbruzzese. Grunge had loads of great drummers....and singers.

3 - Seasons - 5:47
Another good song. Solo Chris Cornell. Layered, Zeppelin-esque acoustic guitars and an understated vocal. A really talented bloke. Cornell's voice is up there with any of the great classic rock singers.

4 - Dyslexic Heart - 4:32
Paul Westerburg. I hadn't heard this one before. I would have guessed it was Soul Asylum. It doesn't really do much for me to be honest. The na na na na at the intro annoyed me instantly. The positive vibes feel very forced. It sounds like something written at one of those songwriting retreats. Not awful, just generic.

5 - Battle of Evermore - 5:44
A cover of the Led Zeppelin & Sandy Denny song by some band I hadn't heard of. It's fine. Note for note, pretty much. Can't go too far wrong.

6 - Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns - 8:19
Mother love bone apparently. I knew the name but never heard a note before. It's not bad, has its moments. I could hear Jane's addiction doing this. Nice piano part. Sounds a bit dated, but if you like the era that's okay. Yeah, pretty good.

7 - Birth Ritual - 6:08
Soundgarden. I don't think I heard this before. Not their finest hour. A really high, Ott, straining vocal by Cornell. Starts to grate as it goes on. I like the outro but overall not one I would be going back to.

8 - State of Love and Trust - 3:48
Pearl Jam. Great song. Love it. Great vocal by Ed Ved. Especially at "and the barrel waits, trigger shakes
Aimed right at my head" Tune.

9 - Overblown - 3:02
Mudhoney. I think I've heard maybe 3 mudhoney songs. This wasn't one of them. It has that Nuggets, late 60s, garage rock feel. The stooges.... kind of. I like his voice. The song is okay.

10 - Waiting for Somebody - 3:28
Another Paul Westerburg song. It's very John Cougar Mellencamp, heartland American radio rock. It's better than dyslexic heart but that's not much of a compliment. It's not bad, just very meat and potatoes pop rock.

11 - May This Be Love - 3:11
A nice mellow Jimi Hendrix track. Not one of his best, but pleasant. I like the vocal melody.

12 - Nearly Lost You - 4:09
Screaming Trees. Another band I know of, but haven't really listened to. I take it this one of their more commercial songs? It's a decent song. Good chorus. Like it.

13 - Drown - 8:16
I knew this one alright. Fairly typical Smashing Pumpkins song, but good all the same. I lost interest in them a long time ago but still like the first few albums. Corgan's voice is fine at a low pitch but when he goes high he tends to squeal. Jimmy Chamberlin is another one great drummers of the grunge era, maybe the best. I love his buzzy snare work the breakdown, around 02:55

5 - Battle of Evermore - 5:44
A cover of the Led Zeppelin & Sandy Denny song by some band I hadn't heard of.

Lovemongers, but you might know two of them by another name

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lovemongers, but you might know two of them by another name

Oh yeah. For a minute I thought it might be that lunatic Courtney Love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back