Singapore? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter hugh
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2
The Singaporean lad gives HK all sorts of great reviews.
And is quite nonplussed about the idea of someone wanting to go to Singapore for a holiday.
Interestingly he says its not a bad place to live, you just don't really want to visit there.
I'm not sure how that works.

HK is way better, but I'm biased too!
If it's an either/or situation then base it on what kind of food you want!

Yeah, you see it's a work thing that I might have an opportunity to go to if I want .... it's not essential though. If it was in Hong Kong I'd be there like a shot .. or Bangkok .... so I'm trying to decide if I could be arsed flying half-way across the world to spend a few days in Singapore. I'm leaning towards no at the moment .... something more interesting will doubtless come up.

Yeah, you see it's a work thing that I might have an opportunity to go to if I want .... it's not essential though. If it was in Hong Kong I'd be there like a shot .. or Bangkok .... so I'm trying to decide if I could be arsed flying half-way across the world to spend a few days in Singapore. I'm leaning towards no at the moment .... something more interesting will doubtless come up.

If it's work then go.
It's not like nightlife is going to be a big factor on a work trip and someone else is paying.!
Be sure you get down to the resturants by the harbour - it's pretty impressive, all of the ships lining up to get into the port is spectacular. In fact the view of the bay from the aeroplane as you land is spectacular too. It's like the scene from the Longest Day.

Kuala Lumpur is fairly close to Singapore.
You could hit up both.
I'd only leave 2 or 3 days for Singapore, assuming you're over the jetlag.

KL is boring. I spent a few days there back in August and wished i hadn't by the end of it.

Singapore is a bit better but there isn't much to see there either.

Great food of course in both cities but if you want some real action get yerself to Bangkok, Hanoi, Saigon or Phnom Penh. Much more life in those cities.

Great food of course in both cities but if you want some real action get yerself to Bangkok, Hanoi, Saigon or Phnom Penh. Much more life in those cities.

I'd say Strange Guy is more than familiar with all those places and more :)

Maybe I can try and get them to move the conference. Any of the above would be great ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back