Sinead O'Connor..take a fucking bow. (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 567
  • Views 52K
  • Watchers 9
STATEMENT FROM SINEAD O’CONNOR’S MANAGEMENT
Hello.

We would like to respectfully announce that due to continuing grief over the tragic loss of her beloved son Shane earlier this year, Sinead O'Connor will not be performing live in 2022.

This has not been an easy decision for Sinead but a decision she has had to make for her own health and wellbeing at this time.

We would like to extend our thanks and appreciation to Sinead's worldwide agency ICM who have handled this with the utmost respect and dignity and have worked tirelessly.

We would also extend our gratitude for the continuing support and understanding of local and international promoters.

Thank you also to Sinead's friends and fans whose support and understanding we hold in the highest esteem throughout this period.

The love being shown has been a source of great comfort and peace for Sinead.

Thank you and very best,

67 Management.

I saw her a rake of times back in the day
One I particularly remember is her at an AIDS benefit in the Olympic ballroom in maybe 1988

She had a voice as clear as glass, made all of us sweaty teens and the surroundings themselves seem even grottier by contrast
This tiny girl up on stage and a thousand+ people transfixed

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

She has a super voice but I was never a fan.
BUT Sinead is a force of nature - hugely brave. She did as much as anyone to put issues like the terrible abuses of women's rights, abortion legalisation, child abuse, violence against the vulnerable in Irish society and abuse in the church in collusion with the state on the agenda.
Sinead spoke of her experience of having abortions when no one would (quite understandably).
I am definitely one of many who have huge goodwill towards her.

She has a super voice but I was never a fan.
BUT Sinead is a force of nature - hugely brave. She did as much as anyone to put issues like the terrible abuses of women's rights, abortion legalisation, child abuse, violence against the vulnerable in Irish society and abuse in the church in collusion with the state on the agenda.
Sinead spoke of her experience of having abortions when no one would (quite understandably).
I am definitely one of many who have huge goodwill towards her.
I have several times explained to non Irish folks how brave Sinead was. Sinead was a woman of conscience who brought many social injustices rarely spoken of in Ireland into public discourse.
We all owe her a lot.
Terrible heartbreaking day.

Well-meaning but absolutely bonkers. A complete narcissist who refused to get proper help.

Gave those kids an awful life for a lot of the time. Poor young fella killed himself like.

Fair play for her and the social justice and all that. But everyone's first responsibility is to their kids.

This is what people say when they are refusing to own their own shit
1690398866205.png

Obviously an unpopular opinion. But she had her millions and she had all the opportunity in the world and she still let those kids down.

RIP

So she was responsible for her sons death?
I dunno
She wasn't?

I remember that kid at 12 or 13 going on social media and begging her to stop ranting and raving online and accusing his siblings of this and that and dragging fights with his father out onto socials
Calling her 'Mammy' and clearly deeply upset. Your heart would break.

After the kid died she went on the radio and talked about how much pain she was in, which is of course undeniable, but barely a word about the kid. All her pain, her suffering, her trauma.
Narcissist. Refused to get help. Passed the buck every time.
Everyone knows one. Or you're lucky if you don't.

Heck of an artist. I love lots of her records. And fair play on the Pope and all. Proper punk.
But the kids, man.

Like I said, unpopular opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back