Sinead O'Connor..take a fucking bow. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 567
  • Views 51K
  • Watchers 9
Terry Richardson is a prurient leering purveyor of provocation.

But it's not like everyone doesn't know who he is and what his record is. Famous people love him. Particularly famous women looking for attention.
And the dude has a knack for taking awesome photos (I'm not too aware of his videographer work)

Miley Cyrus is 20, she can do what she wants. She has informed consent over all her artistic choices.

The condescending "oh, child" attitude everyone takes with her ticks me off.

Lots of girls like to wear their skirts short and then become mothers that click their tongues at their daughters for the same behaviour. It was ever thus.

Leave Miley alone!

That's a fair point.

What Miley needs more than anything is a killer song. I'm yet to hear it. Anyone?

Why is men making more money than you out of you music better than men making more money than you out of your looks?

Rich and famous people don't end up in rehab because they've been pimped, they end up in rehab cos they've loads of money and no job to get fired from, and taking drugs is fun fun fun

Why is men making more money than you out of you music better than men making more money than you out of your looks?

Rich and famous people don't end up in rehab because they've been pimped, they end up in rehab cos they've loads of money and no job to get fired from, and taking drugs is fun fun fun

Exactly. I doubt One Direction feel at all conflicted about having their pretty faces pimped out.
And I can only imagine Katy Perry's existential angst at having to stick her boobs in front of every camera within sight.

I love that we're having this conversation like 3 weeks after the rest of the world.

John Niven's novel on the music business - Kill Your Friends has this passage (in reference to those with less than insatiable appetites for fame - they don't make it)
Gerri Halliwell, he argues, for her 15 minutes
"would have risen at the crack of dawn every morning for a year and swum naked through a river of shark-infested semen – cutting the throats of children, OAPs and cancer patients and throwing them behind her as she went."

It's not that nice an image, but it makes the point that people that eager to be famous rarely ponder the moral complexities of same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_Plus_One_(Annie_song)

"Me Plus One" was written by Richard X and Hannah Robinson in response to former Spice Girls member Geri Halliwell. Richard X and Robinson had written another song called "Some Girls", later a hit single for Rachel Stevens. Warp Records and Simon Fuller contacted Richard X by email to ask that he give the song to Halliwell or Stevens, respectively, to record. He agreed to have Stevens record the song after Richard Curtis asked about using the song for Sport Relief 2004.[2] When Halliwell found out that the writers were having Stevens record the song, she locked herself in her car in an attempt to change their minds, and she later wrote Richard X a love song. The aftermath of the decision for Stevens to record the song became the subject of "Me Plus One" from Annie's 2004 album Anniemal.[3] The song samples the barks of Halliwell's dog Harry.

Geri Halliwell was an interesting case study alright.

great song. All pop music should just be about pop music really.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think I might be the only person who hasn't see the video or the awards show.
I honestly don't care.
I'm finding this with most social/entertainment media these days.
It's actually very easy to avoid all this crap. I'm fine with being unaware.

Thought Anniemal was really good. She do anything worthwhile after that?

She released Don't Stop in 2009 which was great, I prefer it to Anniemal. A lot of really great tracks were relegated to the bonus EP thingy which was a bit of a pain though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Stop_(Annie_album)

She's released an EP this year which i'm not mad on, a bit too EDM for me. I think she's gearing up to a new album so we'll see.

Exactly. I doubt One Direction feel at all conflicted about having their pretty faces pimped out.

Neither does Sinead O'Connor. (I still have no idea if the face tattoo was a PR stunt or not. You never know with these things).

sinead-oconnor-300.jpg

Nothing Compares 2 ...Glue

Very handy for sticking stuff to other stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back