Simple Kid - another Cork langer releases a rekkid. (1 Viewer)

first I heard of it! he did play a nifty cover of it at his lobby show before xmas but I'd be amazed if he did a cover of it for actual record release (unless it's a b-side or something).

An a-side would be bizarre, can't see any logic to it at all if it's true - the only possible explanation would be if it was being used in a movie or summink like that.

hugh said:
HerThat's such a bizarre thing to do ... take a brilliant song that already has had one definitive cover version made of it (the Cash one) that everyone knows and is basically the *last word* on the subject and go and re-record it ??!!
what about will oldhams upcoming greatest hits where he did a poll on the drag city site and let the fans pick the tunes which he then RE-RECORDED WITH SESSION MUSO'S IN NASHVILLE!!!:eek:

nlgbbbblth said:
jaysis
sounds like a crap idea
from pitchforkmedia.com:
==================

According to Nashville alternative weekly The Scene, Will Oldham is all but through (re)-recording the upcoming Palace greatest-hits record. For those just waking beneath trees with long white beards, Will Oldham is the Louisville, KY based creative force behind all things Palace and currently works under the name Bonnie "Prince" Billy. Last fall, Oldham's Palace Records homepage ran an online poll to drum up input for the record's tracklist. Soon afterward we learned that Oldham would be recording new versions of the chosen favorites in Nashville with producer Mark Nevers. Nevers, who has worked with everyone from Vic Chestnutt and the Silver Jews to Hank "Are You Ready for Some Football" Williams, Jr. and Alan Jackson, helped out on this year's Bonnie "Prince" Billy record Master and Everyone and is a longtime associate of Lambchop.

Nevers says Oldham enjoyed the bounty of talented session players on call in the country music capital, mostly using the same studio crew that generally works with Alan Jackson (!). Oldham took a particular liking to the playing of pianist Hargus "Pig" Robbins, whose influence comes through clearly on the new version of "Gulf Shores."

Drag City is pushing for a fall release, but with Oldham returning to Nashville in September for vocal overdubbing and again in October for final mixing, it's optimistic to think we'll see a finished product by next spring. A complete tracklist is not yet available, but the following songs are reported to have been recorded (in no particular order):

The Brute Choir
Gulf Shores
I Am a Cinematographer
I Send My Love to You
Ohio River Boat Song
Riding
You Will Miss Me When I Burn

:eek:

spectraljanitor said:
what about will oldhams upcoming greatest hits where he did a poll on the drag city site and let the fans pick the tunes which he then RE-RECORDED WITH SESSION MUSO'S IN NASHVILLE!!!:eek:
hmmm ... that would be really good if he got someone else to sing them ....

just heard that Simple Kid is bringing his live Simple Club show to the Half Moon, Cork on Feb 22nd

tix on sale from Opera House tomorrow (021-4270022).

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
just heard that the cork show is now totally sold out.

anyone go to last nights gig? Good? bad?
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but i'm his stalker surely i could get on some sort of list to get into the cruiscin...surley ..dear god in heaven....oh god -oh god.

yeah, last time that happened me, thought sleater kinney were playing, turns out they had disbanded.
they did play though!..... last year.

SK3: Health and Safety album now up on iTunes (maybe elsewhere too)

seems to collect a load of the stuff he's been releasing on youtube over the last few years

new youtube channel too - https://www.youtube.com/c/simplekidstuff

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back