sigh (1 Viewer)

Right. What about when gang of four are unable to tour? Should they be poor? I find the idea that a band that writes about consumerism should be disallowed from making money off their music, however they see fit, simply so that you can be, "convinced".

They're prolly sick of touring and sick of trying to, "keep it real".

"Real" isn't some trendy idea of morality, to lots of folks, it's bills and providing some income to their families. If whoever own the music wants to see the music, I believe, as do almost all commericial artists, like Gang of Four, that it's theirs to sell.

If ANYTHING more people will be exposed to Go4 and their lyrics because of this, and that's gotta be a good thing.

So call me cynical, I'll label you a fantacist. But, until we stop living in a capatalist society, anchored with consumerism, even people concerned about the inherent inequalities created by competition have to pay their bills.

It's their excess capital and they can monitize it however they see fit, IMO.

Has anyone on thumped ever got into a band via an advertisement?
If yes, did you feel bad about it?

I got into advertising via a band.

the_it_crowd_douglas.jpg

Has anyone on thumped ever got into a band via an advertisement?
If yes, did you feel bad about it?

The launch of the Sony BRAVIA brand was supported by an advertising campaign, with a commercial featuring 250,000 brightly-colored rubber balls (real, not computer-generated) bouncing down a San Francisco street.

The commercial is accompanied by the song Heartbeats, written by Swedish duo The Knife and performed by José González. The track became very popular on radio stations in the UK after it was released by Peacefrog Records and helped his debut album Veneer reach number 7 in the UK albums chart.

Right. What about when gang of four are unable to tour? Should they be poor? I find the idea that a band that writes about consumerism should be disallowed from making money off their music, however they see fit, simply so that you can be, "convinced".

They're prolly sick of touring and sick of trying to, "keep it real".

"Real" isn't some trendy idea of morality, to lots of folks, it's bills and providing some income to their families. If whoever own the music wants to see the music, I believe, as do almost all commericial artists, like Gang of Four, that it's theirs to sell.

If ANYTHING more people will be exposed to Go4 and their lyrics because of this, and that's gotta be a good thing.

So call me cynical, I'll label you a fantacist. But, until we stop living in a capatalist society, anchored with consumerism, even people concerned about the inherent inequalities created by competition have to pay their bills.

It's their excess capital and they can monitize it however they see fit, IMO.

i agree with you -- the band can do whatever they like. the world is fucked, and we all make our choices. that's the practical side of things.

as for the abstract idea of whether it's justifiable to hand over your legacy to flog consumer electronics, it's tawdry and sad. that's all.

I had a think about it and realised I would never know the robins, or at least the second half of their career, if it wasn't for this ad

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

as for the abstract idea of whether it's justifiable to hand over your legacy to flog consumer electronics, it's tawdry and sad. that's all.

all my posts are for sale at a good price

Gang of Four are touring again with David Pajo on guitar...

Did not see that one coming, I must say.

I hope they're not still flogging that microwave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back