Shure A85F Line Matching Transformer - what does this do exactly? (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

was reading up on recording spoken voice using a sm58 and guy recommended one of these to make the signal "hotter"

is this right? would it help? this is for my new series of self help tapes

was reading up on recording spoken voice using a sm58 and guy recommended one of these to make the signal "hotter"

is this right? would it help? this is for my new series of self help tapes

I have an Audio Technics Impedance Matcher here in work, stuck on the end of a SM58, it changes the signals impedance from LOW (on the XLR side) to HIGH (which is a guitar jack side)

My guess is if you don't have an XLR input and a pre-amp you could use one of these and chuck it into an guitar amp or whatever... impedance is like resistance on an electrical circuit, a measure of how much signal is allowed to travel at what strenght, so if there mismatched you can be losing a % of yr signal stenght

you can borrow this one if you like, see if it's worth buying one (thought I imagine their cheap enough, it's just like an XLR to JACK adapter) so long as you give me these tapes free..l. I need a mess of self help at the moment....

Multi_Voice_Changer2.jpg

one of these?

man do you do this shit professionally or something?! i know that, i was reading about his product which used very ambiguous wording to not properly explain what this thing does

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back