Shrink to Fit (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
What does this mean in relation to jeans/ clothes?

Do they shrink after you buy them?
How will you know if they don't shrink enough/ too much etc.

I always wondered but was always afraid to ask the shop people in case they thought I was a total spoon.

And then last night it came up in conversation in Zadie Smith's White Teeth but no answer was provided...boo

Jimcorr said:
What does this mean in relation to jeans/ clothes?

Do they shrink after you buy them?
How will you know if they don't shrink enough/ too much etc.

I always wondered but was always afraid to ask the shop people in case they thought I was a total spoon.

And then last night it came up in conversation in Zadie Smith's White Teeth but no answer was provided...boo
Here's what I can offer on this truly mindblowing matter- the jeans shrink after you buy them, in the first wash. The dye will also fade with the first few washes. They probably come with instuctions or guidelines or whatnot. I guess the sizing indicated on the label is what you go by. Buy your normal jean size and they'll shrink to be that size. I don't know shit about jean marketting ploys (which is all shrink-to-fit jeans are) so I could have gotten some of this wrong, but I do know more than a normal person ought to about textiles. Ask me anything. Please don't though. I don't want everyone to know just how boring I can get.

Zita said:
Here's what I can offer on this truly mindblowing matter- the jeans shrink after you buy them, in the first wash. The dye will also fade with the first few washes. They probably come with instuctions or guidelines or whatnot. I guess the sizing indicated on the label is what you go by. Buy your normal jean size and they'll shrink to be that size. I don't know shit about jean marketting ploys (which is all shrink-to-fit jeans are) so I could have gotten some of this wrong, but I do know more than a normal person ought to about textiles. Ask me anything. Please don't though. I don't want everyone to know just how boring I can get.

Nice one Zita
I can now shop in confidence
Topman here I come...(not really, that place smells)

george mcfly said:
weren't you supposed to get into the bath with them on?
or was that stonewash

now there was a fucking style!
but does this actually work? do they shrink when you get le bath with them? and do you get really good looking? with a big fringe?

eoinbox said:
but does this actually work? do they shrink when you get le bath with them? and do you get really good looking? with a big fringe?
If you like to have your denims moulded to your body, then by all means wear them in the bath.
farming_bath.gif
http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgu...=4&prev=/images?q=penguin+bath&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

Uh, that's all I got...

i remember my mammy telling me years ago about that she used to have to get into the bath with her jeans... turns out she wasnt mad afterall.

"Simpy buy a pair the same waist size as you (or an inch smaller for an even tigher fit). Bear in mind they will shrink 2 o 3 2 in the leg. Wear them in the bath for the first 2 or 3 washes and then if you can, let them dry on you naturally. Best to keep working in them and walking around if you can while they dry. They will get tight around the waist and shorten in length in the leg. But they cannot shrink more than your waist size!!! They will become your favourite friend after that!!"

"These are meant to show off your best assets!! "

yes, you are supposed to get in the bath with them on. the colder the better. i worked in the levi store in san francisco where they had a bath on the premises for the more foolhardy souls. they'd serve booze while you soaked (in full view of all the other customers, the bally brazenness of it all).

also, if you don't want your indigo (dark) jeans to fade in the first wash, try adding vinegar or lots of salt to the load. the experts at levis said so.

this shop is also the reason why i never wear jeans anymore - along with finding them horribly uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back