Show us yer pedalboard (1 Viewer)

Once again I was confounded by my pedalboard . Last night i switched everything on tho play the first song of the set and..nothing. Swapped power supply, checked all connections..nope. So this morning I decided to test every pedal one by one and they're all fine. I put everything back in the same order as last night and it's all working perfectly now. I just don't get it.
So I've purchased a power supply and a new pedalboard so that if something does go wrong with one that the whole board won't quit in solidarity.
Life was much easier when I only used one pedal.
My wah has a really millennial snowflake input and if it gets no power it blocks sounds to everything else. Of course I found this out at a gig. Find out which pedal has this feature?

My wah has a really millennial snowflake input and if it gets no power it blocks sounds to everything else. Of course I found this out at a gig. Find out which pedal has this feature?
I suspect it's either my chorus or my tube screamer. I guess I'll know for sure when my new board arrives. With the addition of a few new pedals I had outgrown the other board anyway so I can justify the expense.

I'd decided to take this year off original music to concentrate on work and get some time to do things at weekends. This seems to have lasted precisely 6 months. Band more or less formed and gig more or less booked. (no songs written though, but I like the odds)

Serviced the 'work' board a few weeks back and beginning work on a second board for the new project. Its sorta telling me I might need something in the region of a pitchshifter so far.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What's the yoke with the blue ring?

Its a fender phaser (the reissue). The ring modulates blue red with the tempo. The dial is sorta an attempt a a wha style enclosure so you can change the speed on the fly.

I got it for about 30 bucks in a pawn shop. Its stupidly big considering what it is, i think there is a mini on the market closer to a normal enclosure size. the build is as heavy as an old wah. It looks cool though. But Jesus the amount of real estate it takes up on the board is ridiculous.

edit: like its so big i've looked inside and i'm thinking i could easily put another pedal in there.

Either this pedal board has the world's greatest packaging or I have severely misjudged the dimensions. There could be two guitars in the box that was just delivered. #minorcomplaints

They are usually really sound, mail someone from guitars and talk it out.
So the board I got was far to big for my needs, but luckily a friend needed one and bought it off me.
Looking at Thomann and have to say this really bugs me...where do the power leads and patch chords go?

Some sort of Tesla-esque wireless thing going on?

8510668_800.jpg

So the board I got was far to big for my needs, but luckily a friend needed one and bought it off me.
Looking at Thomann and have to say this really bugs me...where do the power leads and patch chords go?

Some sort of Tesla-esque wireless thing going on?

8510668_800.jpg

typically the power supply will strap under it somewhere. one of my previous builds held the PS in with 3 cables ties no problem for about a year. some have Velcro straps and things. Cables kinda end up getting woven. worth trying a few test fits before you settle - my pedals arent in order of signal at all on the board but it keeps the stage footprint smaller to have it that way.

If I was ever actually going to spend money i'd be looking at NYC boards or maybe a diago. mine are nearly always a rip off of an NYC board design (not that its not the most obvious thing in the world to start with)

prototyping board

build in about an hour.

hands down the worst thing i've constructed in years but its effectively made to break.

made a quick practice board yesterday with the bits that aren't on the number 1.

that muff clone made by Moose on the top right is AMAZING. Have to get it velocroed on to the main rig.

board 2.jpg

Two amps on one board set up.
Tuner- Moose A/b/y- chain 1. Berhinger delay- Moose clean boost- Emt E2- Joyo Zombie.
Chain 2. Ts9 clone- Tight metal- Qulter power block, with Flanger & TC Electronic delay in Tight metal loop. IMG-20180501-WA0003.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back