Should I go to the offy? (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I'm bored. Sitting on my fat arse trying to play Spider Solitaire and it is doing my fucking head in. Anyway, should I go to the offy and get some booze? If Y or N then explain your reasoning. Bonus points for your post being entertaining.

Might as well, then you can spend tomorrow cringing at stuff you posted in the Wet Room thread

No.

You should go out and find some fucking heroin.

Call over to me and we can partay like its 2002.
And bring some gargle too.

I'm having an existential fucking crisis.

My problem is this..I want to tell certain people I think they are fucking useless at music..but I don't..cos I'm a nice man and I don't wanna shatter their delusions.
But..thats not fair on me..cos I have to fucking lie.

Cormy..guide me here.

I think Gary you should be honest unless it's about my music in which case lie. But if it's not my music and you think it's shit say so. I think you tap a broader malaise in Irish music. Small community and nobody wants to shit talk anyone for fear of reprisal. Hence no constructive criticism and hence no evolution. Stagnation and marginalisation on top of postcolonial inadequacy = not very many rocking tunes out of Ireland.

I think Gary you should be honest unless it's about my music in which case lie. But if it's not my music and you think it's shit say so. I think you tap a broader malaise in Irish music. Small community and nobody wants to shit talk anyone for fear of reprisal. Hence no constructive criticism and hence no evolution. Stagnation and marginalisation on top of postcolonial inadequacy = not very many rocking tunes out of Ireland.

Its not about your music Cormy.I have a deep respect for your tunes.You know that.And I've a deep respect for your insight..thats why I ask.

And you've hit the nail on the head.Exactly.How can everybody think everything is so great?Its not.And they're lying.

And yeah..fear of reprisal is the heart of the malaise.

Theres a lot of ass sucking going on.Just because somebodies your friend doesnt make their tunes good.Music is more than that.

Well..someone asked me what I thought of their tune..and I let hem have it..both barrells.

Told em it was'nt the best.Did'nt get into specifics.

They replied that I'm only a prick anyway and don't care what I think cos it rocks and I havent a clue anyway.

Decent result all round!

That's his fault then, not like you're foisting your opinion on him. You ask you should be ready to hear something you don't want to.

Yeah..its easier to just say,yeah its grand.But sometimes you just get browned off with that.

Its about the quality..dosent matter what the music is..if the quality is there..I'll acknowledge it and be happy to do so.Even if I wouldn't listen to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back