Shorts for men (1 Viewer)

I knew a guy that shaved his legs for cycling

I never really got that level of commitment

I suppose because I only ever use the bike to go places I need to go. I never actually train or anything.

Was he in super good shape already? Because that seems like the sort of thing you'd do for a marginal gain when you're already close to your peak possible level

Was he in super good shape already? Because that seems like the sort of thing you'd do for a marginal gain when you're already close to your peak possible level

I don't remember. He was super-committed.

Guys seem to do this straight out of the gate though. Expensive bike, all the lycra gear. I've biked 200 miles in one day in Gap shorts and never had an issue apart from some Schweddy Balls.

Good thread, I was only discussing this topic last night.
Anyone else prefer sport-shorts? Had a pair of the below the last couple of years and they're great, stick a white tee on top and you're gold.

Under-Armour-1201195-001-LG-rw-78783-93911.jpg

Just for the gym, right?

Originally just for hiking and biking but they soon became everyday (not literally) wear. I wouldn't dream of wearing a tracksuit though so not sure why I feel the summer equivalent is ok.

What is the age/waistband difference between those of the posters and those of the male models in the photos, posters?

Mines a selfie.

I knew a guy that shaved his legs for cycling

I never really got that level of commitment

I suppose because I only ever use the bike to go places I need to go. I never actually train or anything.
Given that I don't shave my face for anything, I'm really not arsed shaving my legs. Or legged shaving my arse for that matter.

Guys seem to do this straight out of the gate though. Expensive bike, all the lycra gear. I've biked 200 miles in one day in Gap shorts and never had an issue apart from some Schweddy Balls.
Depends on your saddle, if you're on a road bike the saddles have virtually no padding. I occasionally cycle my bike down to my mam's or the shops in normal gear and you can feel the bruising beginning to start after 5 km. I know it's a bigger issue for ladies, there are a lot of custom saddles and shorts for them due to the lay of the land down there. It's just my sit bones that get affected, little Ammonis and his luggage is usually out of the way.

Given that I don't shave my face for anything, I'm really not arsed shaving my legs. Or legged shaving my arse for that matter.

Depends on your saddle, if you're on a road bike the saddles have virtually no padding. I occasionally cycle my bike down to my mam's or the shops in normal gear and you can feel the bruising beginning to start after 5 km. I know it's a bigger issue for ladies, there are a lot of custom saddles and shorts for them due to the lay of the land down there. It's just my sit bones that get affected, little Ammonis and his luggage is usually out of the way.
I have a padded saddle. The ol' bum has its share too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back