Shite BBC Glastonbury Coverage (1 Viewer)

also the irony of them misspelling her name on the thumbnail

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I remember reading a review of Roskilde in 1993 and the NME journo pointed out that the festival had for some reason a lot of people going around with big flags.
one said 'DIRTY ROTTEN FILTHY STINKING COCK' which the journalist thought was a good description for Midnight Oil's set.

this stupid trend has long since caught on at Glastonbury and elsewhere. I am amazed blocking people's view is tolerated or is this even encouraged??!

the one I always notice is the tangerine flag with WW and the 1970's Wolves football team crest.

I'm quite enjoying the radio coverage from the BBC.

Never been to Glasto. I've been told to go to it, never work at it.

Many years ago, I was out of town on a job with a Bulgarian dude. The office rang and said "we need you to drop seanc off at Heathrow, pick up a guy and drive him to Glastonbury and then work with him. His flying in from Moscow, apparently it's an emergency".

I was not happy about being dropped at Heathrow. Bulgarian was like "What is this Glastonbury? It is important place?"

Uh yeah, It's one of the biggest cultural things in the world. Bulgarian guy didn't get that. It was that year where the traffic was particularly bad for some reason.

So went to Heathrow. I could've fucked off at that point but I thought my Bulgarian friend needed a bit of help with the situation. So I hung around until we found this superhero technician that had been flown in from Moscow. He was from Bristol. And he said, without any irony at all, looking us dead in the eyes, "I have to get to the Pyramid Stage by midnight, or else there's no show". I lol'd and got on the tube to Cockfosters. Good luck.

My Bulgarian friend and his geek James Bond technician arrived at about 2am, worked all night. The show happened. And that's all that matters.

Although, my colleague did get to stand on the Pyramid Stage, overlooking everything. And when he came back, he said he was thrilled. He went from not even knowing anything about Glastonbury, to standing there as dawn rose, doing a "wow, fucking hell".

Ha!

We love listening to Cerys Matthew's bbc radio 6 show every Sunday morning and more often than not, it's fantastic. Sometimes it's good and on occasion one of us asks the other, "this is a bit shit isn't it?".
This morning I asked herself and she reminded me it was being broadcast live from Glastonbury.

"Ohhhhhh yeahhhh that's why it's shit"

I remember reading a review of Roskilde in 1993 and the NME journo pointed out that the festival had for some reason a lot of people going around with big flags.
one said 'DIRTY ROTTEN FILTHY STINKING COCK' which the journalist thought was a good description for Midnight Oil's set.

this stupid trend has long since caught on at Glastonbury and elsewhere. I am amazed blocking people's view is tolerated or is this even encouraged??!

the one I always notice is the tangerine flag with WW and the 1970's Wolves football team crest.

I thought the flags were to make it easy to meet up

I enjoyed mc cartney anwhoooo
I did too. A lot actually. I was surprised how much I enjoyed him. And I thought Billie Eilish was deadly too. I caught a song or 2 by Yungblud and thought he looked like great fun altogether. Big Thief also sounded great.
Noel Gallagher was pretty dull. You can’t win them all.
I think that’s pretty much everyone I’ve seen

So many acts I've never heard of, with thousands of people singing along to their songs. #youknowyouregettingoldthread

I thought the flags were to make it easy to meet up
yeah - but poles with all those big flags IN FRONT OF THE STAGE?

I quickly went through nearly all the coverage on BBC, so apart from early on the first night I only missed Kendrick Lamar (who I accidentally deleted) and I saw something of every other artist they broadcast.

LES AMAZONES D'AFRIQUES from Mali, CIMAFUNK from Cuba, YVES TUMOR, ANGELIQUE KIDJO and
BOB VYLAN (London political grime n punk, vocalist sported an England jersey w/ words 'VISIT RWANDA')
were all good.

the guitar bands were very bland and there was a lot of mainstream pop artists.

anyway I think I am slightly more up on what is popular now??

yeah - but poles with all those big flags IN FRONT OF THE STAGE?

I quickly went through nearly all the coverage on BBC, so apart from early on the first night I only missed Kendrick Lamar (who I accidentally deleted) and I saw something of every other artist they broadcast.

LES AMAZONES D'AFRIQUES from Mali, CIMAFUNK from Cuba, YVES TUMOR, ANGELIQUE KIDJO and
BOB VYLAN (London political grime n punk, vocalist sported an England jersey w/ words 'VISIT RWANDA')
were all good.

the guitar bands were very bland and there was a lot of mainstream pop artists.

anyway I think I am slightly more up on what is popular now??

Bob Vylan is good. Played Dublin earlier this year. I hear it was great if short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back