shipping drums from the US (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
anybody bought a kit on ebay and shipped it here?
experiences?
how did you fare with customs?
what kind of shipping did you pay?

I'm in the process of getting various Ludwig drums sent over and have bought loads of snares from the US.

I always get the seller to label it as a gift and of a lower value. That usually works and avoids any customs charges, but I dont know if it would be wise for a whole kit.

I reckon you might have to pay a charge when it enters Ireland. But with the great exchange rate its still going to work out a lot cheaper than buying here. Generally I'd pay around $40-50 for shipping on a single drum. The kick that I bought recently was $100 to ship.

do sellers use the USPS?
Depends on the seller, I suppose. When I brought my kit back, it was shipped with all of our personal belongings when we moved back from the states. Took 6 week on a freighter. This said, I packed my drums myself. Took all the heads of and put the shells inside one another. Fit the kit into a 24"x24"x24" box. If you can find a seller to do this, I'd say you're laughing.

I bought all my ludwigs from the Ebay USA but i bought each drum seperatley as i couldnt afford to ship a whole kit. I shipped a 13, 16 toms and 24 kick. Each cost 100 euro to ship.

Got free shipping on my snare which was deadly. Didnt get stung on the toms and kick for customs as i only payed 150 dollors max on each but had to pay 70 euro on my snare as that cost 370 dollars.

a buddy of mine wants to buy a kit for over €2K and he's being quoted $1000 for shipping from CA.

the drums are very heavy. pearl reference series. that still seems like an awful lot of money for a rack, 2 floor toms, a bass drum and snare.

a buddy of mine wants to buy a kit for over €2K and he's being quoted $1000 for shipping from CA.

the drums are very heavy. pearl reference series. that still seems like an awful lot of money for a rack, 2 floor toms, a bass drum and snare.

Does that include hardware? If so, he's far better off buying it as a shell pack and getting some hardware from Thomann.

Ive shipped drums from America too and its all worked out fine.

One thing about asking people to mark down the price though; If they mark a kit worth €1000 at say only €500, to save you tax, the kit will only be insured for €500 with the delivery company. So if it happens to get damaged on the way over you could lose €500. I know its probably pretty unlikely that it will get damaged but you never know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back