Shane MacGowan artwork stolen from Dublin City Centre this weekend (02/03 Dec 2011) (1 Viewer)

raindog

Hey folks, if anyone could help in the recovery of this piece of artwork, which my brother made, or if people could spread the info, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

375491_333419163341525_112965348720242_1538606_1204158203_n.jpg

A SHANE MacGOWAN Image (large print on Aluminum) from the Traditional and Folk Revival Section of the ICON WALK in Temple Bar was stolen over the weekend.

The Icon Factory is a non-profit, artist co-operative who, with the help of some friends, created the ICON WALK in Temple Bar earlier this year for both Tourists and Irish People alike to enjoy.

The Icon Factory is using the lesser known parts of Temple Bar as an outdoor art gallery so I suppose that the work on display could be classified as "Street Art"

The display, which begins around the corner from the Palace Bar tells the story of the evolution of Irish culture during the 20th Century as you walk through the side streets and lane-ways of Temple Bar. The images were produced by a number of local artists, members of the Icon Factory co-operative and other art groups. Each artist selected a popular Irish individual whom they considered made a contribution to the evolution of Irish culture over the past hundred years or so.

The area of Temple Bar where the Icon Walk is situated has enjoyed something of a rebirth in the past six months. Dulux sponsored the painting of the Icon Walk area with it's 'Let's Colour Project' and Icon Factory staff and volunteers aswell as some local businesses have kept the place as clean and litter free as much as possible.

Earlier this year another of the artworks on the Icon Walk was set on fire and destroyed.

The Icon Factory, being run by volunteers, do not have the funds to replace this. Any help or information towards recovering this piece of artwork would greatly appreciated.
Email: [email protected]
Homepage: www.facebook.com/TheIconFactory

Re: Shane MacGowan artwork stolen from Dublin City Centre this weekend (02/03 Dec 201

I remember the real Shane McGowan went missing once. It was when he was meant to be playing a gig in the olympia. We were in the crowd waiting, out came his band and played their song ('Are You Looking at Me' by the Popes) saying Shane would be along soon. Turned up about 20 minutes later. Turned out he disappeared off out for a ramble and got lost. Some taxi driver spotted him around the back of christchurch, knew he had a gig on that night, got him into the taxi and drove him back to the olympia, after which he gave his usual typical shite performance.

Re: Shane MacGowan artwork stolen from Dublin City Centre this weekend (02/03 Dec 201

Cheers for the replies folks. Just thought if I could get more awareness of it out there, some good might come of it. Mr. MacGowan himself had seen the painting at an exhibition and gave it his seal of approval. I wonder if he has an alibi for his whereabouts this weekend.....

I betcha its on a students wall someplace..the wall of a student house sitting room.

Thats where I would start looking.

This calls for some good old fashioned mob justice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back