Sexism & racism & homophobia, god help us (1 Viewer)

This has congealed into the horrible sports related shit thread yes?

One of the biggest Arsenal Fan TV pricks got sent down this week for 3 years on stalking, assault and kidnapping charges relating to a really nasty sounding incident involving him, his ex and some guy she was on a date with.

An awful prick, and I've thought that for years, I didn't realise he was this bad though.

Mason Greenwood's girlfriend posted a video online accusing him of domestic violence.
Her mouth was bleeding and she had huge briuses on her arms and legs.

She also posted a pretty disturbing audio clip which sounds like she didn't want to have sex with him but he did it anyway. Really awful stuff.

He'll score a million goals at league 2 level and that'll be about the extent of his comeuppance I fear.

Or maybe not, the police have arrested him.
if Mason Greenwood or Ryan Giggs or Benjamin Mendy are convicted their careers are obviously finished.

Adam Johnson was banished from football for arguably a lesser crime and rightly so.
and that was pre Me Too.

Gordon Strachan doesn't work in the media anymore because he said AJ should be allowed resume his career after a Sky presenter asked for his opinion. at least Sky don't ask stupid questions like that now.

He'll score a million goals at league 2 level and that'll be about the extent of his comeuppance I fear.

There was some football manager the oulfella was on about who'd buy up players with drug addiction problems and then fork out for whatever treatment it took to treat the addiciton as a way to get quality players on the cheap. I suspect, in the high moral world of soccer this kind of approach for rehabilitating people who have commited assaults wouldn't be ruled out.

Can't believe it but I didn't know this - former Scotland international David Goodwillie along with a team mate David Robertson raped a woman in her flat in 2011 after a drunken night out.
The victim won a civil action in 2017.
Kirkcaldy based Raith Rovers supporters are outraged that they are latest club to sign Goodwillie who has continued to play professionally since.
The captain of Raith's women's team has quit and life long supporter crime writer Val McDermid has cancelled her shirt sponsorship of Raith.

I am not really an NFL fan but was aware of the controversial firing of Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores.
when head coaches were being fired there was only one major surprise - Brian Flores (b.1981) despite a 9-8 win record (after a 1-7 start they then went 8-1) AND Flores having 2 years left on his contract.
Flores alleges the Giants and the Broncos conducted sham interviews with him having already decided on appointing white head coaches for next season. under the Rooney Rule they are obligated to interview some black candidates.
Also the Dolphins owner is alleged to have offered Flores 100k per defeat to improve their draft pick options, a long standing problem which seriously needs addressing.
Flores has now initiated a class action lawsuit against those three NFL franchises and the NFL itself for racial discrimination in their hiring practices.
at present there is only one black head coach in the NFL.

Can't believe it but I didn't know this - former Scotland international David Goodwillie along with a team mate David Robertson raped a woman in her flat in 2011 after a drunken night out.
The victim won a civil action in 2017.
Kirkcaldy based Raith Rovers supporters are outraged that they are latest club to sign Goodwillie who has continued to play professionally since.
The captain of Raith's women's team has quit and life long supporter crime writer Val McDermid has cancelled her shirt sponsorship of Raith.
the most shocking thing about this is that he was happily playing away in the lower leagues and, though the supporters of that team (Clyde, I think), were up in arms, no one paid attention because of their lowly status.

Pricks like this need to be made a show of no matter what level they're playing at.

Raith have now said that they won't be giving game time to Goodwillie.

Presumably they'll still be on the hook for his salary, which is probably in the 100-150k per year range. A sizable outlay for no return for a club of that size. 4 of the 6 members of the board (2 resigned in protest at the singing) have really fucked things up for the whole club

Say it in the proper voice:

Sanity 1 : Raith Rovers Nil

It's a pity since they have such a cool name. So much marketing potential, but instead they've done this. They've clearly gotten themselves lots of attention, but there's so many other things they could've done.

Say it in the proper voice:

Sanity 1 : Raith Rovers Nil

It's a pity since they have such a cool name. So much marketing potential, but instead they've done this. They've clearly gotten themselves lots of attention, but there's so many other things they could've done.

I imagine the crime novelist who was a lifelong supporter of the club was probably overpaying for the shirt sponsorship, might be hard for them to find a new sponsor willing to pay so much.

Unless it's some cryptocompany who jump on the story for attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back