Sexism & racism & homophobia, god help us (2 Viewers)

Those who should really be ashamed of themselves are the revisionists who sought to rehabilitate him: those such as the full-time contrarians at Living Marxism who gave his biography a good review, or those critics and comedy completists looking for the latest reputation to restore, who asserted that his mixture of bile and old pub-gags was him being "ironic " or "postmodern", or that he was an expression of some kind of undiluted and authentic working-class culture. Bernard Manning wasn't any of these things; he was just a halfway decent comic with a horrible act.

the night Factory Records opened the Hacienda club in 1982 they booked
Bernard Manning to do a gig.
the first night was mostly for journalists etc and they did it just to annoy them.

Manning singing Morrissey's words now seems appropriate as Morrissey
is a also bitter old racist.

"This video is not available in your location". Gist?

I'm a bit annoyed about the whole Millwall booing players taking the knee thing. It's news over here. No one knows what they're talking about on that one.

"This video is not available in your location". Gist?

I'm a bit annoyed about the whole Millwall booing players taking the knee thing. It's news over here. No one knows what they're talking about on that one.

No it's the PSG match, it was abandoned after Demba Ba said the 4th official made a racist comment towards him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back