Sexism & racism & homophobia, god help us (1 Viewer)

Well yeah, they overshot. Or more likely missed the mark completely. Your cryptocompany idea is quite astute I think.

Personally I want to see the team and fans dressed as either becloaked and faceless LOTR ringwraiths or pale human-hunting Stargate Atlantis wraiths. Or some other kind of wraith. Just wraiths, come on.

Well yeah, they overshot. Or more likely missed the mark completely. Your cryptocompany idea is quite astute I think.

Personally I want to see the team and fans dressed as either becloaked and faceless LOTR ringwraiths or pale human-hunting Stargate Atlantis wraiths. Or some other kind of wraith. Just wraiths, come on.
What about @riath s

There was a fella called John McWhorter on the radio yesterday who's written a book called "Woke Racism" where he reckons that a lot of the antiracism stuff over the last couple of years is counter-productive for American black folks. Worth looking up, if you want to

... but why I'm posting is he had an example of some lecturer someplace that got suspended because he used a Mandarin word that sounds like the n-word in some lecture, and some students complained. And I thought ... if those kids were trolling then fair fucks. What a good buzz it would be to get your lecturer suspended for lulz

This makes for incredibly grim reading

Josimar might be the best place for serious football journalism around at the moment, Their coverage of the dark edges that exist around the game is excellent.

No idea what their actual football writing is like.

Someone on the radio yesterday, who had to put up with quite a bit of "but where are you really from" business in his life did make the point that the complainant runs a domestic abuse charity.

So using words like "trauma" was, in his words, and he was careful about his words, "Perhaps, just maybe laying it on a bit thick".

I dunno. It was certainly bullshit. As this guy said it was the kind of thing where a posh person expected direct, uncomplicated answers from their lessers.

We were talking about a friend of ours the other day. I haven't seen her much lately because she's busy with kids and a business.

Apparently she has fallen deep deep deep into TERF territory.
There was an amusing aside where I misunderstood an asked "Whats wrong with being interested in turf?"
TERF!
"Sorry I'm Irish"

One mate was Manc, the other Scouse, a manglement of accents.

Anyway, she a really clever lovely person. I would have thought she was far too busy and based in real world stuff to have time to go down YouTube rabbit holes. Real life friends have tried to talk to her, but nothing doing. It's sad to hear.

So, the arguments that people born and raised as men have a physiological advantage in sports is a commonly used argument but what’s the logic here?

So, the arguments that people born and raised as men have a physiological advantage in sports is a commonly used argument but what’s the logic here?
It’s because men are more intelligent, obviously.

The entire game revolves around protecting the male at all costs including death and exists in a hyper simplified world where there are only two genders.

How on earth could it have come to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back