Sexism, god help us (1 Viewer)

ps. I meant to add that in a strange way, this thread (and the "Twitter God help us" one) over the last few days got me thinking about the past, and various things that you navigate as a girl and a woman-par for the course. When I first went to college, along with little packs that all Freshers get-the women got given rape whistles. I was 18, and it was one of those moments that stayed with me, along with the orientation guide also letting us know about self-defence classes, and advising that if someone was attacking you, to shout "fire" because it had been proven people were more likely to come to your aid rather than shouting "rape". I was studying Law. What a strange world we live in.

I
I did, once. Achieved absolutely fuck all, because cops.

I got beat up by the limelight bouncers outside the bbc. The police wouldnt listen to me. They told me i must have been drunk. Didnt matter how many times i told them i didnt drink.

But that has nothing to do with the current conversation. So carry on.

However i will add in relation to the comment about rape whistes.
Early 90's belfast around the holy lands,there was a flasher doing his thing. A few of the girls in our crowd had been witness to this,and to be honest they mostly said after an initial shock they found it quite funny.
But,as a result the conversation brought up talk of girls being raped in the area and how it wasnt being reported in the media as it would have an impact on the reputation of the university.. i have only hearsay from the time to back it up,but i also have no reason to doubt it.appalling.

my brother was on the jury in a sexual assault case, and said it was a salient lesson in the power of keeping your mouth shut. because it was the defendants own words which convicted him; they wouldn't have had a chance of convicting him otherwise.

Renua tho. I picture some spotty 16-year old who took 5 minutes away from playing fortnite to go tweet that.
I know, I thought something similar, and then this:

RENUA IRELAND.jpg
Maybe someone from Waterford Whispers has infiltrated their communications channel? :ROFLMAO: Now if you'll excuse me I must get on with luxuriating in the arms of our matriarchy.

it wasnt being reported in the media as it would have an impact on the reputation of the university
Queens was still handing out rape alarms in the late 00s, apparently it was chronic. Female students told not to walk anywhere alone after dark on or around campus.
I have just checked, men need haircuts and to buy clothes too.
I can confirm, hair in serious need of chopping and jeans need replacing. Fuck wet pubs! Embrace the matriarchy!

I don't usually listen to BBC5, for reasons that'll become obvious.
But BBC4 have a show called "Pick of the Week", where they highlight the best stuff that's happened across BBC radio.

So, a woman rang in to tell a story about her younger sister getting nasty abuse from some lads-in-a-van as she walked down the street.
Someone called Steve texted in saying something along the lines of "That young girls experience sounds awful, but I would, respectfully, suggest schoolgirls shouldn't wear their skirts so short".

The presenter, and if you can find it you should listen, she just said "Steve, respectfully, I'm just going to let that text hang there. Hang there like a really bad fart in a room. A really bad fart that everyone can smell and makes you feel sick".

It was good. And I got to hear it without having to listen to BBC5.

I'm all for the matriarchy too. And I'm hoping that we can all at least agree on the fact that Renua are arseholes.

I've got a haircut booked for Thursday afternoon. Excited. I even managed to get in there before the missus (and we go to the same hairdressers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back