Sexism, god help us (3 Viewers)

my maths teacher lost his virginity to one of the students.
business studies teacher went out with one of the students in 6th year secretly, and openly immediately thereafter.

We had a teacher who left in sudden and unexpected circumstances. Anyway a couple of years later it was discovered that he was in a relationship with one of my former classmates, no clue if it was happening while she was a student, but as I said, surprising departure.

I said "exactly"

(sorry, don't mean to be rude, but it's hard to get an idea of how creepy it was without knowing the actual words used)
Eek, well my friend didn't go into specific details except that they were heard giving a ratings system. Two staff members complained, but the response was to augment the PE uniform (two of the three men in the group were the PE teachers).

You all know this, but we had a teacher (and principal) who continually grabbed all the younger kids' asses, and later went to jail for being an abuser

It sounds like @JohnnyRaz 's story is a different class of thing though, no? Feels a bit weird and creepy thinking about it, but it's at least conceivable that the girl involved was over 18 and happy about the whole thing?

Eek, well my friend didn't go into specific details except that they were heard giving a ratings system. Two staff members complained, but the response was to augment the PE uniform (two of the three men in the group were the PE teachers).
What a baffling response. The world is a funny place

You all know this, but we had a teacher (and principal) who continually grabbed all the younger kids' asses, and later went to jail for being an abuser

It sounds like @JohnnyRaz 's story is a different class of thing though, no? Feels a bit weird and creepy thinking about it, but it's at least conceivable that the girl involved was over 18 and happy about the whole thing?

To be honest I'm not sure.
Probably over 18 in the first example.
In the second I'm not sure initially (25 year old hearsay) - but it was an open scandal in the school, and he held onto his job. references to it even featured in the school christmas show. He was an arsehole in other respects in any case.

The problem is generally seen to be the power imbalance stuff. It's complicated in that some/MANY people get off on that stuff, on both sides, but I mean I think it's a pretty good rule that teachers should not be allowed to be riding their students at all.

The problem is generally seen to be the power imbalance stuff. It's complicated in that some/MANY people get off on that stuff, on both sides, but I mean I think it's a pretty good rule that teachers should not be allowed to be riding their students at all.
and vice versa (saying that as someone who is studying foreign languages and having teachers 20 years my junior)

and vice versa (saying that as someone who is studying foreign languages and having teachers 20 years my junior)
Ha, yeah, fair. Like, even if the teacher is 22 and the student 18, School isn't really opt out for most people, there's no escape if it goes wrong.

Ah yeah, I get that, and I'd be surprised if such a rule didn't exist (now, not in the 80s maybe).

I find it creepy when I hear of university faculty going out with students in final year or postgrad students - when both parties are clearly at least in their 20s - precisely because of the power imbalance and the opportunity for someone to be able to exert control over a student. It’s that times a million for a teacher-student relationship in school, even if the student is 18 and the teacher is young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back