Sexism, god help us (1 Viewer)

It sounds like this was handled really badly. A tenner says no teacher complained but rather they wanted to reign in some of the clothes and threw the male teachers under the bus.

Years ago the dress code in my lads' no uniform school had to be subtly tightened because it one step away from 7 yr old girls wearing Penny's t-shirts with gross stuff printed on it like 'Daddy's little slut' or the like. It was a message to the parents, not the kids, like, c'mon parents, tighten it up.
I can't imagine so. This is a school with a strict uniform policy. I have a friend who works in a secondary school (strict uniform policy, single sex (girls) ) and they said something very similar happened there last year, as some of the male teachers were overheard talking about certain female students in the staff room. So that creeped me out, obviously, as it should creep anyone out.

I know. They have taught there for 5 years, and said nothing too much like that had ever come up before, and, like any of us would be, were a bit freaked out. It's all just so weird as I can't get away from feeling that the students are a mixture of children and adolescents, and the instinct is to protect. Anyway, sorry to ruin everyone's day. I still believe in the inherent goodness of most (some) people!

I can't imagine so. This is a school with a strict uniform policy. I have a friend who works in a secondary school (strict uniform policy, single sex (girls) ) and they said something very similar happened there last year, as some of the male teachers were overheard talking about certain female students in the staff room. So that creeped me out, obviously, as it should creep anyone out.
gross.

Do you know, even if they had a policy covering both boys and girls for PE...I understand everyone needs to wear appropriate attire in appropriate situations-I am not turning up to a funeral in a green catsuit anytime soon, but it doesn't quite seem to be what is going on here. It's so weird, and only directed at the girls. I think, if it is what we think it might be-then it is very grim.

I don't think we know what is going on here. "Female anatomy" ffs, who even says that?

lol

I don't think we know what is going on here. "Female anatomy" ffs, who even says that?

lol

:ROFLMAO:

Solidarity from the boys is lovely. My secondary school had a skirts only uniform policy for female students (and we weren't allowed to take our jumpers off in case a boy got a flash of bra strap and fainted). I was one of a number of girls who liked to play football at lunch time, cycle to school etc. We organised ourselves. Most parents were supportive and bought trousers in the school colour for their daughters. We arrived in skirts and changed in the bathrooms, the girls too timid to ask parents or with dino parents were offered swapsies by the boys in their classes - who then wore the swapped for skirt for the day - and a lot of other guys also wore skirts in solidarity. It only took two days for the uniform policy to be changed.

If teachers have been speaking inappropriately about students in their care the teachers, not the students, should be the ones punished.

Myself and a lad in work were talking a while ago about this guy who was on the radio giving out about how girls school uniforms were too revealing and sexual. We both came to the conclusion that the problem wasn't with the uniforms.

School uniforms are not sexual and exist for the purpose of allowing us to completely ignore people who are it school as swathes of colour which is kinda great when i'm going for lunch.

HOWEVER.

Are we really going to pretend that school uniform isn't something that has been fetishised for a long time, is the topic of many's a halloween exhibition costume, was the catalyst for britney spears being brought to the masses.

Because those are definitely extant elements in the synaptic world of the school uniform.

Myself and a lad in work were talking a while ago about this guy who was on the radio giving out about how girls school uniforms were too revealing and sexual. We both came to the conclusion that the problem wasn't with the uniforms.
I feel compelled to point out here that I don't think the problem here is necessarily creepy older man (they're a problem in their own right, but not the root cause of this problem), but the fact that our society is so uptight about sex, and specifically female sexuality, that people are continually freaking out about what teenage girls are wearing. Your teenage daughter has a sex drive, fucking get over it

i wonder whether any male teachers with a pre-existing beef with the management in that school might use this as leverage. a 'did the school management publically declare that they cannot trust me around female students' approach.
not that i'm trying to portray them as 'the real victims' here.

I feel compelled to point out here that I don't think the problem here is necessarily creepy older man (they're a problem in their own right, but not the root cause of this problem), but the fact that our society is so uptight about sex, and specifically female sexuality, that people are continually freaking out about what teenage girls are wearing. Your teenage daughter has a sex drive, fucking get over it
And I'm sorry to tell you that the problem here is exactly creepy old men sexualising young girls. Teenage girls having their own sexuality, and grown adults sexualising them are very different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back