Sexism, god help us (3 Viewers)

billygannon said:
It's not ridiculous to suggest that sport is more popular with men than it is with women. But it is ridiculous to assume this is something natural.
Why is that ridiculous? It may not be true (or may be, I have no idea), but I don't see that it's inherently implausible

It's more popular with men because sport is overwhelmingly marketed toward men
Isn't that like arguing that Rihanna is more popular than The Knife because she has a bigger marketing machine behind her? I know these things feed into one another, but a marketing campaign can't ... well, can't make people care

As far as I can see yer man's whole point is that, in his experience, it doesn't work. As far as I can see marketing mostly only works when it tells people what they want to hear
I don't want to hear about the Kardashians. All I hear about is the Kardashians.

It's like saying the reason there are more black men in prison is because they are naturally more inclined to be violent and carry out violent acts because of there genetics and the reason why there are less black men in college is because they cant be educated they don't have the ability to be educated because of there genetics
,Is that blunt enough for you egg ?

We did @mark , @Squiggle turned up and highlighted that , as a woman who has played sports, descrimination blatently exists.
But her points were generally ignored and pushed to the side by the guys.

She got a winner from me. I didn't think anything needed to be said after that.

So in the final analysis, the fact that Man United get more coverage than the Man United women's team in the papers is a symptom of the same evils that imprisons a large percentage of black men - people wrongly think the men's team are better and the women's team are a danger to society in general.

So in the final analysis, the fact that Man United get more coverage than the Man United women's team in the papers is a symptom of the same evils that imprisons a large percentage of black men - people wrongly think the men's team are better and the women's team are a danger to society in general.

I'll draft up the reply to Malachy today.
We'll review tomorrow, as a group, and I'll send it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back