Setanta Sports are a bunch fucks. (1 Viewer)

Johnnyc

Bunch fucks...? Really? Damn the inability to edit a title.

I forgot I had subscribed to Setanta, so seeing as the footy is over for the summer, I decided to cancel.

I already knew I had to give a months notice (so they basically rip another months payments out of you, the dirty swines), but the experience I'm having with them now is just beyond the realms of BBCs Watchdog program.

I've rang them on about 6 different occasions, but I still can't cancel. The phone either rings out or doesn't get answered. When I do get through to speak to someone I get put into a seemingly never ending queue. I spoke to my bank, but I can't cancel the direct debit on my end - Setanta have to do it. But Setanta won't let me...

Should I just burn down Setanta HQ? Should I bunch fuck them?

I would do, but apparently they're snakey when it comes to that too. There's apparently some sorta postal bermuda triangle near their office. Loads of folks have written letters and been told they never arrived. Can't cancel by email either!

FUCKING PRICKS.

A registered letter is the first thing to do.
That way, they can't deny receiving it.

If you don't get a response, you could try these:

BCI

Failing that.........

00009b630D2.jpg

never sign up for direct debits.

if they won't let you pay any other way then tell them to shove their product up their hole.

damn straight. Chorus are now charging €2 extra for their broadband if you don't pay by direct debit! Surely that's illegal or immoral or something?

never sign up for direct debits.

if they won't let you pay any other way then tell them to shove their product up their hole.
which raises a question.. what about 'non direct debit charges'. I signed up for broadband with chorus some time back. they got bought out by upc, after which point a €2 'non direct debit' charge suddenly started appearing on the bill. is that legal?

sorry about hijacking your thread johnnyc. :eek:

LOCK THIS HIJACKED THREAD!

Apparently, I can cancel the direct debit if I tell my bank I've already told Setanta to go eat a dick. Gotta either drop into my branch or write a letter though.

Read on other forums how some lads canceled the direct debit in this way, only to get texts from Setanta at 3am giving out shit and calling them gays.

I loves my footy, so I would have had Setanta for at least 6 months of the year, every year. But they're dead to me now.

probably legal - particularly if outlined in advance i.e. you sign up for our product, you agree to the terms
hmm... that's it though, it was never part of the original contract, it just suddenly appeared on the bill after about six months, when upc took over chorus and ntl. it's not even a charge for anything, it's an extra-contractual penalty. I pay damn bills on time and all. it's only €24 year but still, cunts.

hope you get your problem sorted johnnyc; still, you have to admit, it's an ingenious way of hanging onto customers.. pretending they don't exist, that is. :)

It's hard to deny the existence of a man running through your lobby with a lit flame and a cleaver.

It's hard to deny the existence of a man running through your lobby with a lit flame and a cleaver.

definitely call around in person - that gives your case a personal touch.

if you dont want to pay for them anymore football streaming websites are getting better all the time.

if you cancel your direct debit do Setanta still deem the money owed to them?

and send round debt collectors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back